• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Vacation/sun and sand

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Ok all, I need some help with phase II of christmas-vacation planning.

Scott and I have talked about how we hate the cold and snow etc etc and need to get away-in comes idea to go some where warm, quiet, sunny, and lots of sand and surf.

I was thinking all inclusive, QUIET read rather not have screaming kids, not too horrid long of a plane ride from DC.

we just want to lay on the beach and read and debate things together, not big on parties or such so no go on Hedonism. Maybe some where with a nice spa or horseback riding.

Anyway looking for input and advice from others. Anyone been anywhere they LOVED or worse anywhere they HATED?

Thanks!
PG

Wish I could help, Danie. We've not ever cruised or resorted (or resorted to cruise :). But i'll be interested to hear how it goes for you. Rob promised to take me someplace very fun and relaxing if I'm not preggers by the end of the year, we just haven't decided where yet.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Girlfriend keep those knees together!!
Yes I would love to have fun at any of the Hedonism resorts but its not Scotts speed. he wants to destress from BS at the firm.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
I hear the Virgin Islands are very nice-
The name is a little misleading....
Still, I vote for Hedonism, or at least some (small 'H') hedonsism wherever you do end up.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Any of the Sandals are really nice. I've been to Antigua and Jamaica...

Antigua was the better of the two.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
You enjoy vacation much in most beautiful and glorious city on Earth, the people's paradise of Pyongyang!

You enjoy four course meal every night, showing that the US imperialist lies about food shortage in DPRK are false.