• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Valentine's Day

Planderella

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:

A .jpg of a ring?

I was thinking the same thing!! LOL

My sweetie put a V-Day greeting in the newspaper. I had to read through a bunch of other mushy greetings before I got to mine, but it was still very sweet of him. He also fave me a heart charm bracelet and we are going to see a play tonight.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Okay... here's mine.

Mastiff said:
The background:

Now, ain't that just redneck romantic?

Yeah... that's pretty good. Besides the uh... unmentionables. He's getting a diesel injector for his Jetta. He's also twiddling with the damn thing... so it looks like we both have the redneck valentines.

And... this reminds me of the fax machine scene from Office Space.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Mrs giff and I went out and did the El Guapo Vday. I had a 12oz ribeye, gumbo, and a huge margarita. Then I crashed about 9:30..... Not sure when the Mrs came to bed.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
yummy, save for not going to bed at the same time.

We did a little gift exchange and then off to dinner at Tomate (sp?) in Dupont, nice italian stuff. Very nice, quiet then home to cuddle up for the snow. Hehe just finaly got out of the shower and dressed for the day (its 4:30)

hehe

SGB

Cyburbian
The Mrs., jr. & I ate V Day dinner at the local mega grocery store.

Tonight, however, we had a babysitter so we could go out and enjoy a quiet meal together. I had a great surf & turf meal.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
In case I hadn't mentioned it here before....

...I love my wife! :)

She called me at work around 4:00, to make sure I remembered to pick up Kylie. She asked me if I could "take my time getting home" and not to be at the house before 6:30. Having an hour and a half to kill after I picked Kylie up, I took her to the store to pick out a second VDay gift, I let her roam the toy aisles at Target and got her a couple of Barbie playsets.

Got home around 6:40, and walked into the house. My wife was dressed in a very...well...flattering red top, a beautiful black skirt, and was wearing the heels she wore for a friend's wedding this past fall. She was finishing Kylie's mac & cheese, and in the oven were two fillets of salmon, potatoes and veggies for the two of us. The table had a nice white tablecloth, with rose petals strewn across the middle with these really cool funky candles on either end of the table. Playing on the CD player were two burned CD's I made for her about 3 years ago. She kissed me when I walked in, gave me my card, and handed me a Smirnoff Triple Black.

Kylie was awsome, stayed upstairs, except to kiss mommy and daddy goodnight (at around 7:45). Dinner was great, and the rest of the evening was......well, lets just say that salmon doesn't have the libido impacts of the lobsterfest! :)

Thank you for a beautiful and amazing evening Mary Poppins!! :h :k

JNL

Cyburbian
My Valentines date that wasn't a Valentines date went really well!

He he I never gave him the card that I bought in case he got me something, because he didn't. Well not anything you can keep anyway ;)

We spent the whole weekend together. And I can't stop singing this morning.