• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Viva Juarez!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Cuidad Juarez, Chihuahua state, Mexico. El Paso's poorer but larger brother. Enjoy.

1juarez_01-med.jpg

1juarez_02-med.jpg

1juarez_03-med.jpg

1juarez_04-med.jpg

1juarez_05-med.jpg

1juarez_06-med.jpg

1juarez_07-med.jpg

1juarez_08-med.jpg

1juarez_09-med.jpg

1juarez_10-med.jpg

1juarez_11-med.jpg

1juarez_12-med.jpg

1juarez_13-med.jpg

1juarez_14-med.jpg

1juarez_15-med.jpg

1juarez_16-med.jpg

1juarez_17-med.jpg

1juarez_19-med.jpg

1juarez_20-med.jpg

1juarez_21-med.jpg

1juarez_22-med.jpg

1juarez_23-med.jpg

1juarez_24-med.jpg

1juarez_25-med.jpg

1juarez_26-med.jpg

Jeff

Cyburbian
That city was great to party in when I was like 19. Dan I gotta say you have some balls to go down some of those streets with a camera and take pics!

That city is a really shady place, makes TJ look tame.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Mike D. said:
That city was great to party in when I was like 19. Dan I gotta say you have some balls to go down some of those streets with a camera and take pics!
Huevos the size of church bells, my friend.

The streets east of Avenida Juarez aren't so bad. Head a block west, though, and that's where you'll find las casas de putas, and the folks trying to entice you to visit them.

As was once said on South Park, "Everything 's legal in Mexico. It's the American way!"

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike D. said:

That city is a really shady place, makes TJ look tame.
Been to TJ and off the beaten track, but never Juarez. At least Dan has the complexion to blend in a little. I stood out like a serb in montenegro.