• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wal-Mart cops patrolling my neighborhood?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The past few weeks, on top of the patrols of the Roeland Park Police Department, a new police force has made its presence known in my neighborhood.

The Wal-Mart Security Patrol.

Every few hours, a Wal-Mart police car with Texas plates will drive by the house. Every so often, when I'm driving around, I'll pass the Wal-Mart cops as they're cruising the neighborhood.

My question ... why does Wal-Mart has a cruising security patrol, why do their vehicles have Texas plates, and what exactly are they doing, anyhow?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
My guess is that it is a gang of hired goons is looking for you because you host this site filled with anti-Wal Mart comments.

H

Cyburbian
THEY FOUND YOU.................RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
could it be they are looking for stray shopping carts that wandered off the lot?

additional
2 - any donut shops nearby?
3 - any anti sprawl-mart yard signs?

Last edited:

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
set your scanner for 151.625 and listen to them.....

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
giff57 said:
set your scanner for 151.625 and listen to them.....
Umm, giff, that would be geeky if I didnt know city administrators have those "for work" purposes. ;)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Chet said:
Umm, giff, that would be geeky if I didnt know city administrators have those "for work" purposes. ;)
How else would I know what was going on.....

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
nothing wrong with that
I have a scanning radio
listing on friday or saturday nights can be more entertaining than TV

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Maybe its just a new form of advertisement - the name "WalMart" passing by people's houses at all hours.

donk

Cyburbian
I'd call walmart and report the slackers.

If they are instructed to be doing it I'd ask why.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Some one in your neighbor hood changed the smiley face to a frown, and they are doing the investigation to lock them up.