• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wal-mart embraces neo-traditional design

One of my co-workers sons did the site - they're trying to get on Letterman, a la the Ebay wedding dress guy. :D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
From their FAQ -

Q: What if I can't afford to pay the 10,000 right now?
A: You can pay a down payment as low as 1,000 dollars and pay the rest off over up to fifty years! You can also speed up the repayment process by serving as a Wal-Mart employee!

Q: What happens if my Wal-Mart store closes? Do I still get to keep my Wal-Home?
A: In the unlikely event that your Wal-Mart store closes, you will not be able to remain in your home but will be given the choice to relocate to any unoccupied Wal-Home accross the nation, be reimbursed for relocation costs, and given an additional 200 dollars for your trouble.

I read this as their up-dated version of the "company town".