• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wal-Mart threads

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
A couple of the mods have approached me, concerned about what happens to threads whenever Wal-Mart is mentioned, or even the subject.

I shouldn't have to post the following, since it's really common sense.

1) Posts regarding Wal-Mart and land use issues (i.e. zoning, parking, sigage, building design, etc) belong in the appropriate Planning and the Built Environment subforum. Anti-Wal-Mart rants and similar messages are not productive nor do they contribute to such discussions, and are not appropriate in these subforums.

2) Serious discussion regarding the economic impacts of Wal-Mart belongs in the Economic and Community Development subforum. Anti-Wal-Mart rants and similar messages are not productive nor do they contribute to such discussions, and are not appropriate in this subforum.

3) Rants, praises, strange news stories, redneck jokes, and similar topics regarding Wal-Mart belong in the Friday Afternoon Club.

4) Generic, off-topic ranting regarding Wal-Mart (or any big box retailer) in any Planning and the Built Environment subforum will be considered trolling, and the poster will be subject to a public warning. Continued off-topic Wal-Mart posts may result in temporary suspension of posting privileges.

Offenders will be forced to be identified by a Wal-Mart door greeter avatar for a few days.

When in doubt about a planned Wal-Mart post, ask a mod or post a message here..

If Wal-Mart threads outside the FAC continue to deteriorate into rants, ALL WAL-MART RELATED THREADS WILL BE DELETED, REGARDLESS OF INTENT. ALWAYS. This includes everything from anti-Wal-Mart rants and related redneck jokes to posts about boondocking, cart corral requirements or garden center outdoor storage.