• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

War with Iraq - Part 2

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The last thread was OT, so let's start afresh.

I hold the opinion that the Bush Administration knows something they aren't telling anyone. Specifically, they know of a secret cache of arms that are disallowed by UN Resolution. They are going to wait for the Iraqis to open their sites, and when this one (or more) isnt on the list, they'll pull an "A-HA! GOTTCHA!" and the smart bombs will drop and the armored cavalry will roll.

Any one of you un-believers think diplomacy has a chance? ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Bush wants to grind an axe no matter what-hence why i changed my screen. im pissed, im scared and praying a whole damn lot *yes i do pray*

BKM

Cyburbian
But Beaner, what happens when the Kurds within the boundaries of our wonderful ally, Turkey (where a mild Islamist Party has just taken power) all decide that they want to join the new Kuristan, too?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
BKM said:
But Beaner, what happens when the Kurds within the boundaries of our wonderful ally, Turkey (where a mild Islamist Party has just taken power) all decide that they want to join the new Kuristan, too?
UBER KURDISTAN!

Jeff

Cyburbian
My reenlistment process has already begun....

I'm not missing this one.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Well, since they did accept the resolution, do they just get out their shovels and start burying the crap?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
TexasPlanner said:
Well, since they did accept the resolution, do they just get out their shovels and start burying the crap?
It's all part of my "A-HA GOTTCHA" theory. Now we'll come up with a reason they didn't comply, and BLAM-O!

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
BKM said:
Huh, ya got me on that one. I dunno.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
I'm feeling pessimistic (sp?) about this. There's been too much sabre rattling for there to be a 'graceful' back-down even if the UN inspectors find nothing and no-one knows of a secret stash. It's highly likely that Bush will lead us all into war regardless. *sulks* Anyway, I have a suspicion that's there's also a bit of 'left hand, right hand' going on here and that this is happening so people don't notice something else that's also going on.