• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Washington DC Area Planners

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Washington Area Planners

Ok folks lets try this again now that the holidays are over.

Any Washington DC area planners (Baltimore, Richmond etc are welcome) want to get together for a cup of java in mid to late Feb?

Lemme know

(Dan) Added "DC" to Subject: line, so planners from Seattle won't get confused.

Dharmster

Cyburbian
I'm up, but I want to go some place with good drink specials.

Java is okay, but when I go out I'm going to imbibe.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Well right now if its just us Im thinking Whitlows on Wilson (in Clarendon) on a Monday night-half price burgers, good beer, metro is a block away and free parking. If others show intrest Ill look at a more central location.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
hum I cant say I know where your talking about, I honestly dont keep up with seafood places-very allergic :-(

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
humm if its near the Torpedo Factory its in Old Town Alexandria and not very Metro easy. I will look into it if it turns out everyone is gonna drive anyway.

yaff

Cyburbian
I am not very familiar with Clarendon or the location you mentioned since I live on the MD side and do not get to VA much but... I could make it work. I might also go for a downtown place but I am pretty flexible. I would like to make the get-together. Second part of February sounds fine. Lets pick a date! Happy New Year All.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Would it help you to have Metro an option or would you rather drive? I have no problems doing it some where in the City, maybe Afterwords Cafe in Dupont? or Cosi?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
SlaveToTheGrind said:
I'll be out there the week before Labor Day for training in Emmitsburg.

?Had you been there before?

What do you think - A new thread asking if they had been there , what class did they take?

Tom R

Cyburbian
fish

PlannerGirl said:
humm if its near the Torpedo Factory its in Old Town Alexandria and not very Metro easy. I will look into it if it turns out everyone is gonna drive anyway.

You're right. Arlington-Alexandria. At least they both start with A's.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
JNA said:
?Had you been there before?

What do you think - A new thread asking if they had been there , what class did they take?

Never been there before. I'm going because the Feds are paying and I was told to go. Besides, its close to Gettysburg and I plan on spening some time there.

Dharmster

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Well right now if its just us Im thinking Whitlows on Wilson (in Clarendon) on a Monday night-half price burgers, good beer, metro is a block away and free parking. If others show intrest Ill look at a more central location.

I'm up for anything. I can do a Metro accessible location if it's a relatively early Happy Hour (in DC anything before 7PM is early). Otherwise someplace I can drive is better, because I HATE taking Metro after 8PM.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
PG and I were discussing our plans today at lunch for our get together and we were wondering if you would prefer a weekday night or weekend?

yaff

Cyburbian
Trail Natzi and PG,

No strong preference here, either would be fine with me. Looking forward to getting together with you all. PS. When do you head to Philly TN?

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Good to hear that you are going to come to the get together.

We are going to head north at the end of April or early May. Not looking forward to colder weather.

Dharmster

Cyburbian
I vote for a weeknight!

Trail Nazi said:
PG and I were discussing our plans today at lunch for our get together and we were wondering if you would prefer a weekday night or weekend?