• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Watch out Planners....

donk

Cyburbian
This does not surprise me, I am just glad we don't have militias in our area.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
If someone threatens an armed standoff, I think police should have the right to call in an artillery strike followed by an assault with guns blazing.

jordanb

Cyburbian
I think they should blast off and nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
We get all the crazy whackaloons up here. In addition to the original posting, there is an article in this months issue of Playboy about Rainbow Farm, which included a standoff and the killing of the two owners back in 2001. That was a couple counties over from Coldwater. Terry Nichols (involved with Oklahoma bombing) lived a couple counties from where I grew up.

We must (in)breed them or something in MI.

BKM

Cyburbian
They are cheap.

And, when the new Free Republic of Michigan is created, its easier to move the Presidential Mansion to the new capital city. :)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Shouldn't this thread be called "Why Michigan is going to hell #100 trillion"?

A war to defend mobile homes? my.. the world is insane....

donk

Cyburbian
Planderella asked
Will someone please explain to me the appeal of mobile homes??
1) On halloween it is easier for the kids to trick or treat. Just dress up and wait for the parade to start.

2) If your kids break curfew, you have a real threat, "we are moving and not telling you where we went"

On a serious note, I give this quite a bit of thought every day as we have a very high percentage of mobile / mfg homes in our area. In our area I think it comes down primarily to financing options available and who will finance the units. Considering you can buy a 25 year old mobile home for under $3000 it is the only opportunity for a person to own a home when their income is less than $20 000 (take home would be around($12000)

Last edited:

Jeff

Cyburbian
Re: I just don't get it

Planderella said:
If you have to ask, you just wouldn't understand.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I'm so thankful this isn't happening in Idaho. We have a poor enough image (though it's improving).

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Re: I just don't get it

Planderella said:
Around here in southern NH, it's the only affordable housing option available.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
What is the deal with gun nuts, militia types, and rural RUGGED! wannabes in Michigan? The state seems to have far more than its fair share of them.

H

Cyburbian
I was riding bikes by the Everglades NP last winter and came across a trailer in the woods with about 6 trucks, an outhouse, a huge rebel flag and a sign by the path that read something in the ways of:

“All are welcome, all are friends,
unless you work for the county and
are here to enforce your communist rules upon me,
then the term ‘Gator Bait’ shall apply.

Have a nice day.”

Huston said:
I was riding bikes by the Everglades NP last winter and came across a trailer in the woods with about 6 trucks, an outhouse, a huge rebel flag and a sign by the path that read something in the ways of:

“All are welcome, all are friends,
unless you work for the county and
are here to enforce your communist rules upon me,
then the term ‘Gator Bait’ shall apply.

Have a nice day.”
What? No reference to The War of Northern Agression?