• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

watching the history channel

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Q Anybody been watching Band of Brothers
if not, have you read the book?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Watched it last year on HBO. Great show, havn't read the book

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Tried to watch the series when it was on the HBO but missed a few of them. Will try to buy the whole series and watch them one by one on the VCD sometime.
Oh so many plans and so little time to do them! :-(

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Watched it awhile back. Very well done. Perhaps the best mini-series ever. The sacrifices that our soldiers made were incredible. The decisions made by the German high command were baffling. Our world could be very different now if things would have went differently. An unsuccessful invasion of the main continent could have led us to sue for peace, leaving Hitler and his thugs in power. The Soviet threat may have never happened....but, the "cold war" could have ended-up being between an atomic-bomb holding Germany (they were soooooo close) and the U.S. of A.

Bear History Buff

ludes98

Cyburbian
I am not watching it on the History Channel, but I do own the DVD. It is an amazing piece of work. I have watched it a few times now and it still amazes.