• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

weather

Tom R

Cyburbian
Did anyone see the PBS indie documentary on the Weather Underground? Boy, the times sure did some changin'.

Tom R

Cyburbian
60s

Perhaps I should be more clear. Thw Weather Underground was a violent war protest group in the 60s & 70s.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Didn't see the documentary but recall hearing about the string of bombings they pulled off. Nowadays, if someone even talks about committing a violent act they get a one way ticket to (without charges) Gitmo.
I guess they were 'killing for peace', huh?

ludes98

Cyburbian
Tom R said:
Perhaps I should be more clear. Thw Weather Underground was a violent war protest group in the 60s & 70s.
Ahh! I thought it was odd that there might be a documentary about a weather website. Wonder if they did it on purpose? Read a bit on it, and can vaguely remember it being taught in school. When the war ended so did thier efforts and message best I can tell. Would definitely be an interesting documentary to watch.