• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wedding Horror Stories

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
JNL said:
Actually Tranplanner I was inviting you to wear blue as a bridesmaid for my wedding to Geogplanner, seeing as you "introduced" us...
Um...blue isn't really my colour. And I don't think you really want to see me in a dress.

I'll just take an invite to the wedding (as long as it's an open bar).

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
an committee will be assembled to develop 6 possible ice sculpture designs...although that's just a start. the final design could incorporate a number if the ideas from any number of the preliminary deisgns.

i guess that would be a sculpture reminiscent of conan o'brien's "if they mated." hmmm...wouldn't it be a gas to see what daniel burnham and and arturo soria y mata's love child would look like?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I see a Cyburbia version of "Elimidate" coming soon...

Jen

Cyburbian
The only horror story from my wedding was when Doug and I had to wiggle back into our wedding duds two weeks after we were married (in Florida) to parade around like monkeys for his family and friends in Chicago. The whole nine yardsall over again minus a ceremony, which was captured on tape and played continuously at reception part II.

It was a grand gesture on the part if his folks but we felt ridiculous. Though not many brides get to wear their gowns twice.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Is thinking living in sin is a much better way of life.
It happens to be one of my ambitions in life to live in sin and actually achieve the living in sin and acting like you've been married fro years (i.e. actually sinning...).

With regard to wedding related stories, Sam (my sister) is getting married on Christmas Eve. They've been engaged for four years (known each other for 4 and a half). Dave (the fiance) is really hot on this getting married thing. He wanted a white wedding, but every time he suggested it Sam said only if he wore the big white dress. He's backed down to a civil service but she's not allowed to wear trousers to the ceremony...

And yes, we do make jokes about the soul group 'Sam and Dave' around them.

Jo

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Journeymouse said:

Jo
Ah, much like my cousins, Chuck and Di.

LOL

Originally posted by PlannerGirl

I'm a huge fan of the living in sin. By the time you get around to getting married, you've probably already had your really big fights about money and who scrubs the toilet.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
KMateja said:
Originally posted by PlannerGirl

I'm a huge fan of the living in sin. By the time you get around to getting married, you've probably already had your really big fights about money and who scrubs the toilet.
Right on...lived together for a year and a half, now happily married. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Originally posted by Journeymouse

Ah, much like my cousins, Chuck and Di.
My boyfriend's name is Bradd and his ex-wife's name is Janet. They played Rocky Horror Picture Show songs at their wedding. That could be a horror story in itself... but I guess at least they had a sense of humor about it.

Tom R

Cyburbian
weddings

My Dad knew a woman - Mary_ who married a guy - last name Christmas.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: weddings

Tom R said:
My Dad knew a woman - Mary_ who married a guy - last name Christmas.
And I know of:

-Penny Nickel (and yes, she owned quarter horses, no kidding)

-Crystal Clearwater

-Anita Pusch

JNL

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
i lived in sin for the past 18 months...
I lived in sin for almost 3 years (2.5 of which were with my fiance's parents) and that helped me discover that he wasn't the man for me!

Nemesis

Just imagine this scenerio: My mother informed my sister in law to be that when my brother and her get divorced, the family ring needs to be returned.......drink please....

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Lol my uncles name is Bunny Easter

i swear to god it is, i grew up thinking and telling all the little kids i had a direct line to the big bunny cos he was my uncle.

What a horrid name to have eh?

PS his wifes name is Mary, Mary Easter

how sad

JNL

Cyburbian
We have a guy working here in our Water section called Doug Drinkwater.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
My niece goes to school with a prissy little stuck up thing named "Diamante". The running joke is like that car commercial, "We named you for where you were conceived".

boiker

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
591 is what i WOULD be...i won't fill in my current state of affairs...i just am going to die lmao if someone admits to being a 436...
...or a 514 :)

883 or 885 after what all the taco bell i had yesterday