• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Wednesday, March 19, 2003, 8:00 p.m. EST

Will the United States of America be at war with Iraq this Wednesday?

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Will the United States of America be at war with Iraq on Wednesday, March 19, 2003, 8:00 p.m. EST?

Runner

Cyburbian
I'm not so sure of the exact date. However, I voted "yes" so as not to be a fence sitter. I am sure the day is coming very soon though.
I hope we don't open a can of worms of global problems (China->Taiwan, N.Korea->S.Korea, Pakistan->India, etc. etc. etc.). I am also concerned about domestic terrorism even conventional bombings.
Sadly I believe that this could have been avoided by acting sooner. We waited too long and now our stitch in time has turned into nine and many more... Hindsight says once the USSR fell we should have aggressively taken on these problems.

donk

Cyburbian
Unfortunately, we will be watching them bomb baghdad live in prime time.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Assuming Saddam Hussein is still in Iraq, I suspect on Wednesday night, sometime after 8:00 pm, that President Bush will address the nation: "As I speak, bombs are already falling on Baghdad..."

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Beaner said:
Assuming Saddam Hussein is still in Iraq, I suspect on Wednesday night, sometime after 8:00 pm, that President Bush will address the nation: "As I speak, bombs are already falling on Baghdad..."
And I pray it's just bombs and air strikes.....and that my brother-in-law (in Kuwait in the Army) only has to come in afterwards and clean up.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Back in 91 it was on a wed night-i was getting ready for church

happened to have on CNN who just happend to have Wolf Blitzer and that other guy giving a live report when it all started

creepy as hell

heres hope that it goes quick and well-my G*d save us all

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We already are at war. Congress gave the authority a year ago and there are special ops on the ground inside Iraq already. We've been performing air strikes for 10 years. I guess the term "war" has become relative.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Although I voted 'no' I think Brian has the right answer. We do have special ops on the ground in Iraq and we are selectively bombing targets. The only remaining question is when does the air campaign begin and when do ground forces go in. I suspect we will wait until shortly after the 48 hours and then launch air strikes in the hopes that they may get saddam to vacate the country. If that does not do it, we will keep up the air attack a couple more weeks before sending in large ground forces.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Probably not by Wed, but within a week of that date though

el Guapo

Capitalist
I agree with Michael. Within a 48 hour period after the deadline passes the balloon will go up. When the GPS sats offer the best coverage over Iraq is when it will start. And it will start at night.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Exactly two-thirds of Cyburbanites who voted in this poll that asked "Will the United States of America be at war with Iraq this Wednesday?" believed President Bush's 48-hour deadline from early March. When it comes to foreign policy, it looks like the President is a man of his word.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Beaner said:
When it comes to foreign policy, it looks like the President is a man of his word.
Yes, even if he doesnt write them himself. Our Prez. is most impressive when he doesnt speak off the cuff. It weans the cowboy from his tongue.

Habanero

Cyburbian
since when has the prez been licking a cowboy?

LOL.

:)

Okay, in all seriousness, I heard his "10 fingers wrapped around the throat" comment. Who the hell wrote that? "Maybe not all 10 fingers are loose yet?"

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
I agree. I may not like President Bush, but his foreign policy is indeed awesome. Nothing like it. Ever. Pure balls.

bturk said:

Yes, even if he doesnt write them himself. Our Prez. is most impressive when he doesnt speak off the cuff. It weans the cowboy from his tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.