• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Weekly Staff Meeting

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Dan said:
STAFF MEETING!

Planning Director

Transportation Planner

Community Development

Development Review
Don't forget your official Planner uniform!!

Last edited:

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I'd sure like to be introduced to the development review planner...BTW, I hate staff meetings.

donk

Cyburbian
I have on a blue and white, very fine stripes, short sleeved button down. My other uniform correct shirts need to be washed.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Now that's funny.
I really need to make a run to the dry cleaners because the only clothes I could find in my closet this morning that didn't look like I slept in them was a light blue casual oxford and brown Dockers.

I am all kinds of ready for that staff meeting.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I fit in
brown rockports
khaki pants
plaid short sleeved shirt

we have had a few "staff meetings" centered on, around, & about food.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hmmmmm... I wouldn't look right in that department. I have the cardigan, long skirt and sandals going on today. Summer is casual time in our office.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
You guys just didn't get the memo from Tran, giff and I....today's a green day. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
You guys just didn't get the memo from Tran, giff and I....today's a green day. :)
Well, I am wearing green today... well, kind of. It's chartreuse.

BKM

Cyburbian
A memo is going around the office as I type. Yes-the Fairfield Planning Department is getting an office Department shirt! We have a choice between long sleeve denim and two types of polo shirt. My wardrobe heaven has been made!

I'm in a modified planner's uniform - flowy blue paisley type print maternity top with black pants. Rob says I look like a knocked up hippie today.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Khakis, Dk. Blue Shirt with the sleeves cuffed up (2 rolls), and black wing tips.

*it is summer; we do not have to wear a tie!!!

Oh... and I agree... I want to meet the blond as well. She looks like an ex of mine that I am still crazy about.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Today I am wearing jean shorts and a gray t-shirt. I have been moving furniture and doing some carpentry, as we will be getting new carpet this week. I don't expect that this will be a very productive week, and I may end up working from home a couple days, in which case I could just lie out in the sun on the deck in a thong. ;) (Don't worry, I don't actually own a thong. But now you will be haunted by that image for the rest of the day.) Typically, I've got the khakis on, with a dress shirt and tie.

Rem

Cyburbian
Eeeeew

Michael Stumpf said:
I could just lie out in the sun on the deck in a thong. ;) (Don't worry, I don't actually own a thong.
Thongs in Australia are rubber sandals (that you wear one your feet) - if I only had one I'm not sure where I would wear it.

donk

Cyburbian
trust me, you's rather see him in the thongs you are thinking of then the ones he is.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
flowy blue paisley type print maternity top with black pants
Scary - that's exactly what I am wearing today!

I can't get away with wearing khaki's, but I don't necessarily need to wear suits though either. I'm considered 'management', so I have to wear business type of clothing. Friday's are casual - yeah!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
I'm wearing my "coed naked planning" t-shirt, zubaz pants and wraparound sunglasses.
Do you have your Oakley Thermonuclear Protection windbreaker with you as well?

H

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
I'm wearing my "coed naked planning" t-shirt, zubaz pants and wraparound sunglasses.
If that was true, you would R-O-C-K!8)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
You got the high-top white Reeboks on too?