• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Weird. I'm the only one right now!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I am the only one online at cyburbia right now. This is strange!

Just me. No other members nor any guests.

Maybe I need to get back to work. 8-!

Last edited:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
What are you doing working on this Federal holiday?
I have worked on saturdays but rarely on a holiday.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Its almost a slap in the face that our municipality is open on a federal holiday established to honor our presidents. Abe Lincoln spoke upstairs for Gods sake! We shouldn't get the feds mad - we need the HUD $.

biscuit

Cyburbian
JNA said:
What are you doing working on this Federal holiday?
I have worked on saturdays but rarely on a holiday.
I wish I knew why we are here today. |-)

It was announced on the local news this morning that all Federal, State, County and City offices would be closed today.... Well, they got three out of four of those correct. City government is one of the few things open in these parts today so it's going to be a very slow eight hours. Oh well, I suppose it will be a good time to get caught up on some old projects and do some organizing.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I know an awful lot of people who are working today. Myself included.

On a positive note, I've been able to work on the narrative for a grant application without constant interruptions. :)

BKM

Cyburbian
Well, we have the day off (government jobs!) but it is absolutely pouring right now (the quiet creek three blocks away is now a mini-river), so I logged on. I should be cleaning my apartment or something, but I've decided to continue the day's pattern of sloth (didn't crawl out of bed until after 10:00 a.m.-unfortunately, that was too late for my number one dog-yucko!)

Happy Birthday, btw!

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
i wish i went to work today...all i have to show for the day is a $200 bill for new breaks and brake fluid flush b/c my breaks were too worn to pass state inspection. :-( but i guess i can stop safely now...