• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Well my day has been made

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
jmf is in town for the weekend, so we met up for lunch today. Had a great lunch at a little thai/indian place around the corner and up the street from City Hall. Found we had a fair bit in common, and actually know some of the same people, which was neat.

jmf was also nice enough to bring me some goodies from Nova Scotia (Garrison beer and Jost wine). I'm all set for the weekend now...I just hope I can resist the temptation to begin my weekend a little early.

Thanks, jmf! :D

donk

Cyburbian
What did everyone think about coming back to work with that unmistakable clinking sound coming from your bag?

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Very cool Paul!

I miss Garrison....I didn't drink enough of it back in June....I need to get back up to NS and get some more!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Well slap my a$$ and call me late for dinner! That's great Tran and jmf!

Tom R

Cyburbian
beer

We used to get a beer called Brador when I lived in N. Maine. Do they still have it up north? Good stuff.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
What did everyone think about coming back to work with that unmistakable clinking sound coming from your bag?
No clinking, but you can hear the wine bottle whenever I set the bag down.

I should have taken the office camera with me to get a pic taken. Oh well.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
It's probably bra d'or beer...french for "arm of gold". Never heard of it myself, but it sounds good.

Not sure if I would be able to make it for Halifax CIP. I'm not a member, and even if I was the City wouldn't send me. I told Jane though that if my wife and I don't go to England in May, we might look at heading back east again and spending some time out there. That's probably news to you sweetie... :)

donk

Cyburbian
if it is the brador I am thinking of, it is not good. it is really dark and syruppy and flat, but not like a porter or stout.

[EDIT]Quick internet search reveals that is a malt liquor, that explains my previous comments{/EDIT]

Last edited:

jmf

Cyburbian
First day back from my vacation, it was great meeting Tranplanner, so strange that we know some of the same people! Lunch was great! There is a great lack of indian/thai places here! Hope the beer/wine was good!

Looking forward to seeing Donk in Hfx at CIP.