• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Well, what do you think?

Is it so?

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

el Guapo

Capitalist
Not no, but hell no. I'll tell you why! Its because of these kids and that newfangled rock and roll. It's going to poison everyone it touches.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Definitely no. It's just another one of those schemes designed to make rich people richer. Why don't they do something for low income families for a change?!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Mud Princess said:
Why don't they do something for low income families for a change?!
In a sense, any number of discourses concerning subdialectic dematerialism exist. In 8 1/2, Fellini denies Sontagist camp; in La Dolce Vita, however, he affirms subdialectic dematerialism.

Thus, Bataille promotes the use of conceptualist desemanticism to challenge class divisions. The subject is contextualised into a subdialectic paradigm of reality that includes language as a whole. Therefore, if constructivist postcultural theory holds, we have to choose between conceptualist desemanticism and modern dedeconstructivism. The subject is interpolated into a precapitalist structural theory that includes truth as a totality.

Therefore, yes. An abundance of desublimations concerning the bridge between class and culture may be discovered. Bataille uses the term 'conceptualist desemanticism' to denote capitalist discourse to modify and analyse society.

EG said:
Its because of these kids and that newfangled rock and roll. It's going to poison everyone it touches.
Absolutely not, EG ... I strongly disagree. In the works of Madonna, a predominant concept is the concept of subtextual reality. If conceptualist desemanticism holds, we have to choose between Debordist image and conceptual objectivism. Therefore, Marx's critique of the dialectic paradigm of reality implies that narrativity is used to marginalize the Other.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Mud Princess said:
Another exciting Friday night in the Quad Counties, eh, Dan? :)
Hey, I'm the one asking the questions around here, Muddy. Yes or no? C'mon ... you've got the facts.

However, I think if you think "no," you're dead wrong.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I Googled a bit and found this, which I think helps to clarify the point in question.

"When you say that "knowledge is empty of who we are", who is speaking. If it is your knowledge speaking through your language, then according to your model "who we are", our essence, is nothing but a fabrication. In fact every conclusion that you arrive at using your knowledge and reason has, as it's basis the unconscious assertion that your statements have meaning, or that meaning even exists.

If, as you claim, knowledge is empty of who we are then the conclusion of a necessary deconstruction of knowledge, by knowledge would have nothing to do with our being and everything to do with our concepts.

In terms of your model of knowledge we can define some terms:

(knowledge)-> unconscious assertion [meaningless]
(language) -> invention [meaningless]
(being)-> label -> word -> language -> knowledge -> unconscious assertion
[meaningless]
(essence) -> label -> word -> language -> knowledge -> invention [meaningless]
(fabrication) -> -> label -> word -> language -> knowledge -> invention
[meaningless]
(meaning)-> label -> knowledge -> invention [meaningless]
(invention) -> label -> word -> language -> invention [teleological redundancy]
(unconscious assertion)-> label -> word -> language -> knowledge -> unconscious
assertion [(b) in (k)]
Quote: "We can't know something solely through itself." (Response 20)

If you believe that the idea of our existence is not part of "who we are" then "assertion" and "invention" have no basis outside of our knowledge, that is unless you feel these concepts have their origin outside of our bodies.

There is no evidence that our existence through knowledge ie. invention leads in any way to a diminution of our being or any type of absorption into your undefined nothingness. In regards to any species, overpopulation which can be the result of enviromental or emergent genetic factors can unleash what we might consider destruction of an enviroment or even the entire globe.

It would appear that our reliance upon technology is not so important as which technology we rely on. Technologies which short circuit entropy at the expense of living systems are the greatest danger to the world. A diverse living system has a huge capacity to adapt to changes, imposed:
A) At a low level over the entire system over time.
B) At a higher level within small pockets over time.
C) Catastrophically, outside of the regeneration cycle."

donk

Cyburbian
Any parent can tell you that
Yes, because I want to, as any three year old will tell you. right after she says sharing is good (as long as you are sharing with her)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We don't need City Planners. We just need a bunch of answering machines that say "NO!"

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Yes, I think that the new Radiohead CD is great. It is no "Ok Computer" but I think "Hail To The Theif" is an instant classic, plus the fact that it is full of anti-Bush sentiment makes it even better.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
It's Monday morning...a simple "uhhhhhhhhhh" will suffice for me.
That is not a choice. You can't be equivocal on an issue like this. Take a stand!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Michael Stumpf said:
That is not a choice. You can't be equivocal on an issue like this. Take a stand!
I'm Canadian - It's always an option not to take a stand on something ;)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Dan said:

Thus, Bataille promotes the use of conceptualist desemanticism to challenge class divisions. The subject is contextualised into a subdialectic paradigm of reality that includes language as a whole. Therefore, if constructivist postcultural theory holds, we have to choose between conceptualist desemanticism and modern dedeconstructivism. The subject is interpolated into a precapitalist structural theory that includes truth as a totality.

Therefore, yes. An abundance of desublimations concerning the bridge between class and culture may be discovered. Bataille uses the term 'conceptualist desemanticism' to denote capitalist discourse to modify and analyse society.
Those are fightin' words, my friend. Nobody talks about my Momma like that! I haven't heard discourse this juvenile since the 3rd grade.