• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wendell Cox's article on St. Louis

Wendell Cox is doing an interesting series of profiles of various cities entitled "Rental Car Tours". Needless to say I have not been impressed with his prescriptions over the years. I view his whole movement as having carved out the niche on the political spectrum as defending the continued production of sprawling throwaway junk. But this series is pretty entertaining. Unfortunately the areas he's covered thus far have been areas in which I have spent either no time (South Bronx, Brussels) or little time (St. Louis).

I'd be interested in hearing some discussion from people who have a better grasp of what's going on in St. Louis (residents or otherwise) of his document. It's in PDF form, and it's at

http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-stl.pdf

Larry