• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

We're really going to war...

Jeff

Cyburbian
Just in case you had any doubts, we are definitly going to war. My reserve unit, which has NEVER been activated, was activated over the weekend. Find out where we're going tonight.

I don't get to play though, baby coming....

Runner

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
I don't get to play though, baby coming....

OMG, don't tell me that paternity leave has hit the military now too?!?!. I remember when WM's (Women Marines) would be placed in a non-deployable status if they were pregnant. But the fathers to be - they were lucky if they received word of the delivery in a timely manner when in the field.

Policy has done what bullets could never do. A baby boom could wipe out our military... Tell me it's not so...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I was called up for the first round in 1990. At that time we had a couple soon-to-be fathers. The best we could do was say "congratulations" and try to get them a couple of day's of leave. Of course, that was before we were deployed. After that it was "congratulations" and a phone call.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Re: Re: We're really going to war...

Runner said:

OMG, don't tell me that paternity leave has hit the military now too?!?!. I remember when WM's (Women Marines) would be placed in a non-deployable status if they were pregnant. But the fathers to be - they were lucky if they received word of the delivery in a timely manner when in the field.

NO...I'm out, but still in the IRR, so if I were to check back in and go my wife would kill me.

el Guapo

Capitalist
IRR - When the Iraqi army reaches Trenton are they going to give you a Panzerfaust and encourage you to get a T-72 for the fatherland?

I'm in the IRR of my local NRA chapter. ;)