What are city planners doing with Strava Metro Data?

Strava Metro provides "ground truth" on routes riders and runners use in urban areas; accessing this data is a big step forward for urban planners. Already planners in UK, US, and Australia, have decided to try out the data. So what are they doing with all data usable data?

Has Strava helped reshape your city?
Where has the data been useful or problematic?
Have you been able to visualise new trends?

jsk1983

Cyburbian
The people using this don't really represent the average cyclist. I'm guessing its mostly used for more serious cyclists, not transportation cyclists.

We use their heat maps to paint a picture of which routes are most used, but we rely more on our own volunteer-led bike-ped counts that we conduct twice a year.

wahday

Cyburbian
A muni in our state is looking at using Strava data in conjunction with counters for bike planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight

Thank you for the insight guys. It's valuable to hear municipals are interested in using the data. I've decided to write my dissertation on quantitative methods to model bicycle ridership using crowdsourced and automatic count data. If anyone has any experince with analysing Strava Metro data, I would love to hear from you.