What are we reading right now? (Planning related or not)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Just finished Brian Herbert's "The Butlerian Jihad" (one of the Frank Herbert post-mortem 'Dune' series)

Next up: Joseph Ellis "The Quartet: Orchestrating the Second American Revolution 1783-1789"

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates
by Brian Kilmeade & Don Yaeger

Next up is -

A Darker Sea
Master Commandant Putman & the War of 1812

by James L. Haley

2nd in series

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Worth the read - my Mother, a retired English Teacher, recommended it

American History, oil money, greed, Indians, murder, corruption, FBI, Oklahoma

Endurance - A Year in Space, a Lifetime of Discovery by Scott Kelly. I'm over half through and it's great.

Best line so far: "If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough."

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari

Takes a look at how we became the dominant species on the planet. Book is written largely from the perspective of evolutionary biology.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I've actually started reading some again. Right now it's The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero. It's about his time filming The Room and his long and somewhat complicated relationship with the director, Tommy Wiseau. If you haven't seen the movie, check it out. It is without a doubt one of the worst movies ever made, and it's spawned a huge cult following similar to The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Next will either be Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer or The Life and Death of American Cities by Jane Jacobs (yes I haven't read it, yes I'm ashamed).

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
I started the "Fifth Risk" by Michael Lewis as an audiobook (I travel a lot), but couldn't stand it anymore because it was so boring. I like how Michael Lewis seeks out oddballs and other savants, but the overall thrust of this story is so uninteresting to me. So, I downloaded "David Lynch: The Man from Another Place" by Dennis Lim, which is another story about a different kind of oddball and savant, and it was so much more enjoyable!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
I've been reading all the Harry Potter series. Currently about half way through The Deathly Hallows (7th and final book).

It's a pretty good series. I'm not sure about the point of all the Quidditch throughout the series other than for world building and Potter importance development.

Next on my list is either a A Man Without a Country by Vonnegut or Valis by PK Dick

I finished Killing Patton by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. Hint: homicide.

Endurance by Scott Kelly. I don't want to be an astronaut after this one.

Boom Town by Sam Anderson. Good read about Oklahoma City. Highly recommended.

In the middle of Killing the SS by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard.