• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

What are your best minesweeper times?

sjambler

What are your best times for beginner(8X8,10 mines), intermediate(16X16,40), and expert(16X30,99)? Mine are 4, 27, and 108.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Call me stupid, but I feel lucky if I can even beat Minesweeper.

It's on my PDA, so now I'll have a chance to practice while I'm in the porcelan planning library.

I used to be really good at it, as well as Tetris and similar (Dr. Mario is the same basic idea as Tetris). I don't play anymore. Not really because I am a dutiful, ambitious student or anything but because I am a hedonist with a serious aversion to excruciating pain and I have tendon injuries. To this day, when I occasionally play something like that against my kids, they have to give me a handicap or they have no hope of winning. However, it has been so long since I played, I can't remember what my best times were.

PS: Dan, it has nothing to do with "stupidity". You have made other comments that suggest you are not visual-spatial. That would be a big factor in a game like Minesweeper.

simulcra

my record for beginner was 2 seconds.
dunno bout intermediate (i think 25?), and i've never beaten advanced.

Rem

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Wow, people actually play that stuff? Never even noticed they were there.
I've seen it. Tried to play it during a Council meeting a couple of times but as I'm not geared up to read instructions and I wasn't good at it straight away, I never stuck with it (something to do with Y chromosones I think ;-) ).