• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

What can I say?

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
It's 9:17 here on the left coast and I'm hunting through Cyburbia. Man, I need a life, a date, or a new episode of the Simpsons. Still depressed about the 49ers losing to those Packers. Guess I'll just open another bottle of wine.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
I went to the Bulls and Lakers game this weekend. I am not much of a basketball fan, but I must say, the game was very exciting. Or maybe it was just the free beer in the suite I was in.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I have a Bills flag flying from the mailbox. Diehard ... yup. It's a mutation found in a genome of those from Buffalo.

Richmond Jake

Oakland Raidas?? Sorry, I just can't lower myself to become a silver & soot fan.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I feel your pain...... NOT

Well RichmondJake, I was sitting in primo Club level seats for the Pack-49ers game. Nothing says "good life" like being in a heated box, and running up a tab for brewski's served by a blonde named "Bev"... And winning was a bonus, too!

Richmond Jake

Who's really in pain?

I thought all you polish sausage eaters were too tough to need heated boxes in which to view a football game....and there's something about "good life" and being in Green Bay as somewhat of a contradiction. Plus I'd be ashamed to have a QB that intentionally gave up the sack record--to a guy from New York, no less.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Heh heh, I can't argue with MOST of that, RichmondJake. But when one is given $600 in tickets one is willing to give up the bleacher seat experience for a day. But one thing I can say for Green Bay as a community, if you can handle the weather, it has a fabulous quality of life!

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
"prudence: If you followed a different team you wouldn't be depressed...try Oakland. "

That is until they get squashed by the Patriots this weekend in the cold of Foxboro....one of the "favorite" places for the west coast teams to play in January (along with Green Bay and Buffalo).

:)

el Guapo

Capitalist
The great thing...

...about being a KC Chiefs fan is you never have to worry about how the team is doing this time of year. The inner calm that comes from knowing how the season will end before the pre-season is quite comforting. I only wish they priced the merchandise based on their record.

El Guapo's 1st Law: The quality of the food at the tailgate party is inversely proportionate to the fan’s expectations concerning the probable season record of the team.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Go Iggles!

What a nice week-end...

First the Flyers spank the Rangers in Erica's return to Philly... and the guy who we got in the trade gets an assist and the game winning goal.

Then, the 'Boids beat Tampa a few hours later!

Anyone think the Eagles can beat the Bears next week?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Great Googly Moogly El Guapo!

They have food at tailgate parties???

Richmond Jake

prudence said:
And San Fran knows ALL about FABULOUS...
Oh yes, we do know about fabulous...we know have fabulous it is to win Super Bowl titles.

prudence

Cyburbian
Hmmm...has GB won any?? Oh yeah, what's the name of the trophy? It's named after some coach... Walsh? No. Siefert? No. Lambardi? That sounds familiar...

Richmond Jake

Prudence - Yes, the title trophy is named after the late Vince Lombardi. In fact, the 49ers have won it enough times (5), to be able to correctly spell Lombardi. But what's in a name; maybe it's time for an update. The "Walsh Trophy" does have a nice ring to it!!!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Mastiff you the man!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

Gonna spank the Bears this weekend.....

And God I love seeing Lindros look like a little girl!!! He's just one hit away from the end of his career!!

prudence

Cyburbian
I, too, would like to see the eagles beat the bears as well...though the Bears only care about seeing the Pack in the NFC Championship.

(Steps on soapbox)

IMO, your statement about Lindros is salty. It's a typical East Coast armchair quarterback mentality to wish injury on a player that no longer plays for your "favorite" (insert bandwagon) team.

Should we slight all the people we know who took a job in a higher profile environment for more money?? We are all in it for the money. You, me, pro athletes, the people who read these posts...we all want more money. It is a necessary ingerdient in achieving the American Ideal.

(Steps off soapbox)

Jeff

Cyburbian
I was born and raised in Philly and yep your right...we wish death on all those who don't play for us anymore.

We even throw D cell batteries at Santa Claus

Richmond Jake

And another thing...

I've heard that Phillie fans would boo a cure for cancer.

prudence

Cyburbian
We here in Wisconsin have tired with being upset by mediocre athletes posting better numbers at new venues...

Kareem Abdul Jabar
Gary Sheffield
Dante Bichette
BJ Surhoff

There are so many more I cannot remember...at least we took Brett Favre from Atlanta and Ahman Green from Seattle...

Jen

Cyburbian
Safety first sports fans

Just remember while enjoying your televidiot repasts to CHEW your pretzels and dont yell at the tube with your mouths full!

Ma Bushie

el Guapo

Capitalist
Ripping off Letterman

This is a change, in a past White House administration people choked ON the president.

Richmond Jake

Never happen to me

Jen - I always ensure that there are mass quantities of carbonated grain beverages at hand to avoid the pretzel thing...not gonna do it--won't be prudent.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Philly fans? Noooooo...

We did NOT throw D batteries at J.D. Drew! They were car batteries...

That Santa Clause that got snowballed was drunk...

I, personally, don't want Lindros or any other athlete hurt. But, to watch him play timid after all these years of slamming around, was pleasant. Especially against the Flyers... Who won... Handily....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I was in California during the game. The folks there just didn't seem too interested in it. In Wisconsin the streets would have been deserted, as everyone watches the Pack. It is our state religion. Also, I couldn't find a bratwurst anywhere, much less kraut to go with it. Go Packers! Go Eagles!

NHPlanner

Staff member
Weather Report for Foxboro Saturday Night: COLD, possibility of snow showers. Temps in the low to mid 20's.

Bring on the Raiders!

Updated Weather:

SNOW...starting at 4PM, ending around midnight. Upwards of 6 inches possible during the evening hours.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

After seeing the games this weekend, including the controversial Pats win, I've come to a realization....

No one is going to beat the Rams.

Last edited:

prudence

Cyburbian
Especially if you have 8 turnovers. INcluding 4 returned for TDs.

Last edited by a moderator:

NHPlanner

Staff member

:)

Last one. :)

Last edited:

el Guapo

Capitalist
Ripping off David Letterman and Jay Leno

Leno: Did you see the Super Bowl? Or, as the Patriots call it, "The Silence of the Rams!" .... This Super Bowl had one thing that most Super Bowls don't -- a fourth quarter. .... President Bush called the Patriots -- that's tradition for the president to congratulate the winning team. President Bush is such a classy guy, he even called the Rams and gave them advice on what to do after choking. ....

Letterman: I just came from backstage, and the Rams have tied it up again! .... Did you enjoy the exciting commercials? The government ran several anti-drug commercials. They ran right between the seventh and eighth Budweiser commercials. .... Today there was a big party in Boston. There hasn't been a winning team in Boston since the Continental Army.

Congrats to the Pats!

magmae

What an incredible parade yesterday for the Patriots! 1.25 million fans out on the streets on the coldest day of the year. Boston at its best!!!

Next up for a happy season... could it be the Red Sox?!?!?

prudence

Cyburbian
Salty

I am glad that the Pats won...proves that there is parity in the NFL and despite what analysts say there still is a need to play the game.

However, who was the Pats player who chanted "Yankees Suck" when he had the mic?? I am sure the entire audience celebrating was over the age of 18 and those who younger weren't offended by the comments.

Was the celebration held in Foxboro, or whatever city the Pats now play in?? Or did Boston claim the team as thiers now that they won??

magmae

I don't know who the "Yankees suck" player was, but that is one obnoxious thing about Boston -- you hear the chant EVERYWHERE! You could probably start up in a church here and the entire congregation would join in!! I'm a huge Red Sox fan, but the chant should be reserved strictly for the games!! And the Yankees games only, not EVERY game at Fenway as happens now.

The parade was in Boston (Foxboro is the town where the stadium is, but not much else). The Pats are also doing victory parade/parties in all the other New England states, which is pretty good of them. So NHplanner might get to see them in his own state?

Top Bottom