• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

What do we do when we catch Saddam?

What do we do with Saddam?

• He will be killed or "commit suicide" when we try to take him into custody

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • We should put him on trial in the US of A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We should turn him over to the UN for trial

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • He will be captured by one of allies and turned over to the UN

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • He will go into exile in North Korea

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The US and its allies are making steady progress in taking down Saddam's henchment, and are closing in on the Ace of Spades himself. Let's assume that we will get to him. Now what?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
My guess is that when they find him, he will be dead by either US gunfire or suicide.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
I found the thought of him going into exile in North Korea rather amusing! I just couldn't resist!

Runner

Cyburbian
I really think he will die on contact with American troops.

However, I agree that putting him in N. Korea hence overlaying a target upon a target would be interesting. We could kill two birds with one stone :)

Jeff

Cyburbian
We're never going to see him alive, IMO. But then again cowards always tend to do some funny stuff when backed into a corner.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
He wont make it out alive and honestly i dont want to see us spend more money on a long drawn out trial. Kill him-and then leave his body in the middle of Bagdad on a pole

yes im grumpy today

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I think that we should just let him go, in the middle of NYC biker bar, and stand at the door to make sure that he does not get out.

biscuit

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
I think that we should just let him go, in the middle of NYC biker bar, and stand at the door to make sure that he does not get out.
The Blue Oyster?

Seabishop

Cyburbian
As much as I'd like to see his corpse paraded around Baghdad, I think a nice war crimes conviction and life sentance would do well to show the world what an evil man he was and that we didn't just go there to get his oil.

iamme

Cyburbian
He wont make it out alive and honestly i dont want to see us spend more money on a long drawn out trial. Kill him-and then leave his body in the middle of Bagdad on a pole
Nothing says occupation like that.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
i DO think we are occupying their nation, but i was not a supporter of this war long before it happend

MitchBaby

Cyburbian
Saddam

He should be tried by islamic law - which seems remarkably fitting and if found guilty, islamic law dictates that he'd be beheaded.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Cardinal said:
The US and its allies are making steady progress in taking down Saddam's henchment, and are closing in on the Ace of Spades himself. Let's assume that we will get to him. Now what?
...send him to Las Vegas...

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Is he really more important than Osama bin Laden? afterall Saddam was only one worn out dictator... and without the WMD that the US gave him, he would be a nobody...

And without the CIA training, Osama bin Laden would be the same too....

If they find Saddam, ask him for the WMD or the nukes.... and then kill him...