• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

What is included as attachments for your agenda packets

michaelskis

Cyburbian
We are in the process of reviewing and possibly changing everything. One question that I was curious about is what all do you include as attachments with your agenda packets? Our council likes short staff reports (2 pages max) so we include a lot of attachments such as the application, copy public hearing notice, transportation study, site plan, and such.

What all do you include in your packets?

DVD

Cyburbian
My last gig I used to create a short staff report with a couple maps. Enough to show here is the property and the current zoning. This is what is around it. This is what is being requested. Sometimes I would throw in something to show the aftermath. Then there was the complete file (hearing notice, detailed studies, etc.) after that. My thought was Mike would read the whole damn thing and ask pointless questions, but Chris would read basically the staff report and look over the drawings, but still have enough to understand what was going on.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
We do a staff review memo and the full application. We drop it on a cloud except for the 2 elderly folks who get a paper copy hand delivered to their house.

We usually bring an area map to put on the wall at the meeting.

good question... i think my planning div has not really changed much over the past many years and has failed to take benefit of the internet (i.e. cloud storage, etc).

back to your question, at the end of my planning report, i include:

1. documents that the applicant has included (i.e. site plans, renderings).
2. any comments from the public.
3. 3 GIS maps of the neighbourhood (aerial photo, building footprint and parcel fabric, and zoning)
4. any comments or objections from city agencies and in the same order as they are summarized in the planning report.

Here's one of my typical packets - Planning Commission packet
i like the layout and flow of this report. i also noticed we have the same first name ;)