• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it away, sell it, or spam you), or through Facebook or a Microsoft ID. Google and Twitter coming soon. 🙂

Rural / small town What is 'rural character'? AIB Linda D

In the city In California where I grew up, a development around the corner has been fighting annexation because they want to preserve their rural character: single family homes on about 8,000 square foot lots. On the other hand, this represents the lowest density housing within five miles or so.

The county is forcing all these small pockets of unincorporated land to be annexed by the cities that surround them as part of leaning up development problems created in the 1960s.
Real quick: I'm from and still live in California. Which city and county are you speaking of? I am quite curious. I haven't heard of this yet.

-Chris

rural schmural

In the city In California where I grew up, a development around the corner has been fighting annexation because they want to preserve their rural character: single family homes on about 8,000 square foot lots. On the other hand, this represents the lowest density housing within five miles or so.

The county is forcing all these small pockets of unincorporated land to be annexed by the cities that surround them as part of leaning up development problems created in the 1960s.
I'm in California too...in what most would consider a VERY "dense" part of the state...rural here means no sidewalks...That's it. 8-!

Originally posted by chrisforte

Real quick: I'm from and still live in California. Which city and county are you speaking of? I am quite curious. I haven't heard of this yet
-Chris
With density like that, I'd guess San Diego County or Los Angeles County:r:
My guess is San Bernardino or Riverside County. Or somewhere in the Central Valley.

-Chris