• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

What is the clube? nt

Rem

Cyburbian
If you have to ask .......

As a relative newby myself, I think it reflects members with a minimum 1,000 posts.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Dan there is also the stray "sorry *blank*" *blank* being a group of people like gays, etc etc. Its not a back slap but a running joke on the boards.

There is also the Kitty killing comments.

Hey Dan maybe we need a FAQ or such of Cyburbia culture for folks to read?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Not a bad idea PG. There are alot of hidden references for newbies to try to learn.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Yes, we have developed our own culture (language, music, art etc) or is that haute culture ;-)

donk

Cyburbian
I think it may be more like an "active bacterial culture".

(can't tell I went grocery shopping last night .)

Jeff

Cyburbian
NOOOOO !!!!

No FAQ on clubes of kitties.... ya gotta get with it in order to jibe man !!!

Tom R

Cyburbian
Jargon

It's jargon and insider jokes. A way to keep others out of the in-crowd clique.

SGB

Cyburbian
Re: Jargon

Tom R said:
It's jargon and insider jokes. A way to keep others out of the in-crowd clique.
A darn good reason to do a Cyburbia culture FAQ, in my opinion.

"Just say no" to cliques!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Re: Jargon

SGB said:
A darn good reason to do a Cyburbia culture FAQ, in my opinion.

"Just say no" to cliques!
Now when the Lamb opened the seventh seal there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. Another angel holding a golden censer came and was stationed at the altar. A large amount of incense was given to him to offer up, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar that is before the throne.... http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8312