• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

What is your "Power Song" or your "JAM"

michaelskis

Cyburbian
You see them on any given Sunday, the football players walking off the bus with headphone on. Same goes for basketball, baseball, or hockey. Frequently they are listening to a mix to help them get fired up for the game. Fast paced, strong lyrics, and a catchy hook are common features as mix continues.

Do you have a "Power Song" or a "JAM"? If so, when do you listen to it? Before a Council meeting? Before a game? As you get ready for the day?

(youtube videos encouraged)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I know exactly what you mean and that song for me is "Search & Destroy" by the Stooges.

Must be played at 11 volume

Last edited:

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hum Soulful Strut a lot when I am walking along the halls at work:

and the Swing Out Sister version

this makes me think of the running theme of "what's your theme song" on Ally McBeal:

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Here's a couple that I always like to make sure are in my playlists when I'm running, especially on long runs where I might need a boost around mile 12 or so:

I'm also proud to say that this one still gets me pumped up so I add it into some of my playlists:

Here's a longer one I like to listen to on my way into work in the morning, especially if I've got an early morning meeting I'm not looking forward to:

Do you have a "Power Song" or a "JAM"? If so, when do you listen to it?
. . . . .
As you get ready for the day?
Yes!
When I'm all ready, and just about to leave the house for the day,
I turn on the biggest video screen around, and visit
pre-9/11 New York City- when singing and dancing
on skyscraper rooftops was a way of life.
I leave my house more invigorated than if I drank
10 cups of coffee, because I just KNOW
:up:It's All For The Best:up:
YESSS!!!!!!