• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

What useless office toy do you want?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I saw this on eBay, and fell in love. Once I get re-established, I'm getting one ... no doubt about it.

Yuppers. A nixie clock.

What do you want? Show us ...

Jeff

Cyburbian
I always wanted one of those mini dart boards to put on my desk.

An authentic voodoo doll....not one of those French Quarter varieties that you can buy 3 for $10 but a REAL one......;)

Actually.....I would get a lot of use out of it so I can't really consider it useless.

Habanero

Cyburbian
A SpongeBob Squarepants action figure. I went to Wendy's just to get the Patrick water toy, but I want a Squidward and Spongebob too. Maybe a few Muppet figurines-

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I want a Dilbert cubicle alarm. My co-worker has one. Whenever anyone walks into his cubicle it says "OutOutOut" or "Idiot Incoming".

donk

Cyburbian
I would like to complete my collection of "Where the Wild Things Are" toys, or maybe some mullethead figures.

My current toy is whatever elastic is closest to grab when I am on the phone.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
I want a Dilbert cubicle alarm. My co-worker has one. Whenever anyone walks into his cubicle it says "OutOutOut" or "Idiot Incoming".
I've never heard of this... but now I want one too!

I would also like to get an Edmonton Oilers metal zambonii... my Maple Leafs one brings me too much flak in this part of Canada. I used to have Tonka earth moving trucks... it made desk cleaning much more fun (put awful plans in front of earthmover... and push papers over edge into trash can).

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
It's not exactly useless....but I got this neat little office toy a couple of weeks ago...

In terms of useless....I want one of these in my office...(I know...I'm a geek) :p

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:

In terms of useless....I want one of these in my office...(I know...I'm a geek) :p

Boba Fett is my favorite Star Wars character (and the Slave One is way cool too). Don't get me wrong.. that doesn't make you less of a geek, but other geeks identify with you. ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
I have to know where to get Boba Fett, James has his symbol in red ink on his calf. Please tell me where I could get this little guy for my dork-

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
nerudite said:

Boba Fett is my favorite Star Wars character (and the Slave One is way cool too). Don't get me wrong.. that doesn't make you less of a geek, but other geeks identify with you. ;)
It's nice to know I'm among other geeks. :p

I had a Slave I when I was a kid...I wish I had hung on to it....
Maybe I could get this to expand my geekery....

nerudite

Cyburbian
Nice!

My mom and dad are moving for the first time in 20 years. I told them if they find any of my old star wars figures or ships (I had a lot of them!), that they are *not* to throw them away. *Crosses fingers and toes*.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Newton's Cradle!

I want one of these so when someone comes in I don't want to see...

*Click* *Clack*
*Click* *Clack*
*Click* *Clack*

*Click* *Clack*
*Click* *Clack*

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
*evil giggle* i want one of those jars that says

"ashes of problem customers"
If you could post the source of that little toy, most practicing planners would want to order one.

I also collect (for my office) those teeny versions of real toys, like a little key-chain Bop-It, Battleship, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, etc. Most of them work just like the real thing, and amazingly enough, they keep the lawyers amused when they're in my office. The best so far is Mousetrap, you need tweezers to put it together, it's so small. I wish I could find one (if it's even out there) for Rock'em Sock'em Robots.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Okay... this wouldn't be used in the office, but I saw the coolest new version of an old toy at Toys R Us last night. It's a LiteBrite Cube... just like the old lite brites, but with four sides. And now, instead of just having the little pegs, they have these long bendy light loops that make 3-d effects. I was going gaga over this thing, so I have a feeling it will be under the tree this xmas... yay!

I ended up getting something called a Queasy Bake oven... just like the old Easy Bakes, but they have maggot shaped muffin tins and most of the things end up having gummy worms or other yucky looking items in the recipe. (It's for a 10 y.o... but I'm secretly hoping that she wants me to help in the "baking")... now that's some cooking I can get into!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Oh! I still have a lightbright! I like the new version though-

You know, I think I want a fish or frog, does that count as a toy?

FISH! I want a fish so badly, but I hate cleaning the tank and Rob has told me he'll drag out all his aquarium paraphenalia for me, but I'm in charge of cleaning. ugh. maybe i just get a little one gallon tank with a cute little beta for my office.

Habanero

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
...maybe i just get a little one gallon tank with a cute little beta for my office.
I saw a SpongeBob SquarePants tank the other day. I want either that or a large vase with a water plant in it-

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Fish you say?

KMateja said:
FISH! I want a fish so badly, but I hate cleaning the tank and Rob has told me he'll drag out all his aquarium paraphenalia for me, but I'm in charge of cleaning. ugh. maybe i just get a little one gallon tank with a cute little beta for my office.
Here's my fish, Kel! It's a 55 gallon stocked with fishes found in our many local lakes. And I'm lucky - my Conservation Coordinator feeds and cleans them!

Habanero

Cyburbian
One word

JEALOUS!

I wonder if I put something that big in my office if anyone would notice. :)