• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

What was your first concert?

wahday

Cyburbian
The Cure, 1986 in Philadelphia. I was a high school senior. To be honest, I don't remember much. The second (and third, fourth and fifth) was the Grateful Dead, on that same tour with Thomas Dolby that Masswich mentioned.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I am :-$ that I never went to concert in
growing up in NJ - Madison Square Garden or Garden State Arts Center, or CBGB.
living in Colorado - McNichols Arena
Don't remember any big venue in Utah.

Haven't been to many concerts - just not that interested or didn't have the money.

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
Aerosmith (with Fuel as the opening act) at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, WI in July 2001.

I also saw folk artist Leo Kottke at the Woodstock Opera House sometime before then, but I consider Aerosmith to be my first true concert, as it was a large venue and a rock show.

I have been to probably 60-75 concerts or festivals since then, including seeing many of my favorite bands (several more than once), with Aerosmith far ahead in the lead with 10 shows. I consider myself pretty fortunate to have seen so many great acts and great live performances.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie. It was a benefit for the Farm Workers Union - I went with my older sister. I was only 11.