• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

What would you want to DO with those Cyburbanites you'd like to meet?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
And let's keep it as clean as possible...

Since all you you didn't say who you wanted to meet MOST, and just made lists, here's more fun. What would you want to DO with the ones you'd want to meet?

For me:

Nerudite & Elmo - Sit and discuss "Zen and the homeowner", among other interesting topics.

Tranplanner - Go to a Flyers v. Leafs game... and try not to kill each other.

Mike D. - A steak with sauce and onions, the Boids, and South Street. Need I say more?

Plannergirl - Show her around San Francisco.

El Guapo - Take a trip about three hours south of his place and shoot up a militia meeting. "Yeah, we're planners... and we'll kick your ***."

Dan - Just buy the guy a beer or ten.

Planderella & King - Grab some Po-Boys from St. Rose, a cooler of Dixie beer from Schwegmans, a couple gallons of Daquiris from any drive thru, head up on the levee to watch the Missip flow by, and see which one I can get to pass out first!

All the Oregon planners - Meet for beer at my place, so they can tell me how planning is done everywhere but in my town!

Chet - Take him to a shrink. Just to watch the doctor turn colors.

I know I have more, but it's early, I'm sick, and I have no coffee.

Mastiff said:
Planderella & King - Grab some Po-Boys from St. Rose, a cooler of Dixie beer from Schwegmans, a couple gallons of Daquiris from any drive thru, head up on the levee to watch the Missip flow by, and see which one I can get to pass out first!
Schwegmans was one of the many local companies to close in the last few years. :(

Budgie

Cyburbian
Hold my tongue.

I will not comment on this topic due to potential litigation due to harassment and/or threat claims that may result.

I need clarification, is it do with or "DO TO". Let's establish the distinction before this thread gets out of hand.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I'd take everyone out on my boat for a naked wakeboarding and beer drinking contest.

Budgie

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
I'd take everyone out on my boat for a naked wakeboarding and beer drinking contest.
Is this "do with" or "do to". I suppose this is a "do with" that would likely lead to a "do to".

Heed my warning.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: What would you want to DO with those Cyburbanites you'd like to meet?

Planderella said:
Schwegmans was one of the many local companies to close in the last few years. :(
How sad... Getting a draft beer and makin' groceries was a highlight of my life back then.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Budgie said:
Is this "do with" or "do to". I suppose this is a "do with" that would likely lead to a "do to".

Heed my warning.
Do WITH. (See my examples...)

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Gather El Guapo and any ot the others that make beer at the "Mythic Brewing, LLC" faciltiy to discuss brewing methods and drink real beer products while producing a batch for future consumption at an Ale Fest #? :)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Here's a couple.

Repo Man and Mike D - Relive the "Master of Puppets" Tour in my living room.

NH Planner - Drowned our sorrows and complain about the other half of our species.

El Guapo - Terrorize and plunder village wearing loin cloths and swingin large clubs.

Greenscapist - Discuss dead drunk Russian existentialist writers.

Chet - Have a staring contest.

Female members - Shower

donk

Cyburbian
Go for a bike ride with all of the cyclists.

Drink the homebrewer's beer.

Tried to go to a music show with nerudite, neither of us was motivated/felt well enough to do it.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Meet any of you.

Have a few bourbons with Huston and find out if he's some long lost relative from Georgia... Not that I would ever admit to having relatives from Georgia. ;)

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
I have yet to meet SW MI Planner. When I do finally meet her, it will be at the Hamilton Street Pub and we're gonna talk about the whole lot of you sonsabitches!

Budgie

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Here's a couple.

Michele Zone said:
See, all that fretting of yours and, so far, it's just good, clean fun.:)
I'm just trying to comply with the wishes of the Mastiff "to keep it as clean as possible", while honestly expressing the first thing that came into my mind. I simply don't want to offend. You can be the judge of my mind.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Hmmm.... I think I need to meet PG first so she can give me some tips on spanking and such. Then the naked wakeboarding with the boys sounds fun... :d:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
biscuit said:
Meet any of you.

Have a few bourbons with Huston and find out if he's some long lost relative from Georgia... Not that I would ever admit to having relatives from Georgia. ;)
If he's from Georgia... and you're from Georgia... is there some doubt? :)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Ah... I'll use y'all as planner slaves and plan the hell outta this country while I rule it despotically mwahahahahahahah :p

Seabishop

Cyburbian
;) ;) ;)

Prudence – jam onstage with the Jamesons and get into a few Milwaukee bar fights (he can do the actual fighting).

Dan – Secretly videotape customers with “rural confederate cultural orientations” at Walmart

Michaelskis – go on a job interview with me – he’s good at them, and can talk me up

El Guapo - Go on a job interview with me along with his rifles if they're not swayed by Michael

Habanero – Just hang out, reminding her every few minutes that she's really overdue for an oil change and you just shouldn't let routine maintenance go for too long. ;)

Jordan B – Take him on an 8 hour tour of the Pizza Huts of Long Island

JiveCitySTL - Keep telling St. Louis jokes until he gets mad

Rem – Pass him off as Jeff from the Wiggles for my kids (their concert is sold out, damn it!), then I'm sure he's going to want to wrestle alligators. ;)

Chet - Drink

Planderella – Drink on sofa

Budgie – Drink in fountain

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Mastiff, in case you didn't also know, K&B drugstores are no longer a Big Easy landmark. Just like Schwegmann's, K&B's doors are forever closed.

I think Planderella and I would be the ones watching you pass out. LOL :D

Oh, BTW, I would enjoy hangin' out in the Big Easy with everyone. Good eats, good drinks, and good times! :D

Re: Re: Re: Here's a couple.

Budgie said:
I'm just trying to comply with the wishes of the Mastiff "to keep it as clean as possible", while honestly expressing the first thing that came into my mind. I simply don't want to offend. You can be the judge of my mind.
I am not interested in judging anybody.

Zoning Goddess -- have a deep heart-to-heart with her. Her tale of woe re her husband is not as uncommon as she seems to think.

Habanero -- get tips on how to get free oil changes (although I seriously doubt my equiptment can compete with hers)

Rem -- learn some Australian as that is one language I have yet to dabble in (obviously since he so recently informed me of the off-color remarked I made without realizing at all what I was saying ;))

Tranplanner -- practice my pathetic French and see whose pathetic French is more pathetic, his or mine.

Gee, I have had 4 hours sleep. I reserve the right to be witty later.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Alan said:
I have yet to meet SW MI Planner. When I do finally meet her, it will be at the Hamilton Street Pub and we're gonna talk about the whole lot of you sonsabitches!
You can have a beer, and I'll have kiddie cocktail - I'll give you a call next time I'm up there, middle of October :)

H

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
if I ever found out I was related to someone in SC it would bring me down an entire social class ;)
(and I am already pretty low)

but I would never turn down bourbons!

Mastiff

Gunfighter

Big Easy King said:
I think Planderella and I would be the ones watching you pass out. LOL :D
Are you a betting man? Maybe you could hang with me (maybe...), but Planderella? Not a chance. Rememeber, I used to live on the river up from the Big Easy...

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: What would you want to DO with those Cyburbanites you'd like to meet?

Mastiff said:
Are you a betting man? Maybe you could hang with me (maybe...), but Planderella? Not a chance. Rememeber, I used to live on the river up from the Big Easy...
I'm confident. To borrow from "The Price Is Right"..."Come on Down!!!"

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'd like to play drinking games with everyone and then take drunk pictures when you all pass out and post them here. :)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
I'd like to play drinking games with everyone and then take drunk pictures when you all pass out and post them here. :)
Do you have enough couches for all of us? Must stick to Cyburbia tradition... ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Nah.. we can photoshop the ones that are passed out on the floor and onto a sofa :p . And we can also add Peter Pan if you want... :-D

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I think we all need to meet Skel, to check up on his claims of being, what, only 19? We need a "Bring Skel to the APA" Fund.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
to check up on his claims of being, what, only 19?
You just can't believe it's not butter... :p

I hope to go to the US (or Canada) after my undergrad in geography here in Chile.. Besides my brother also wants to migrate towards the US (He's quite forced to do so, because he's studying what would be a some-what equivalent of Computer Sciences (though a bit more advanced than CS))
:)

jordanb

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
You just can't believe it's not butter... :p

I hope to go to the US (or Canada) after my undergrad in geography here in Chile.. Besides my brother also wants to migrate towards the US (He's quite forced to do so, because he's studying what would be a some-what equivalent of Computer Sciences (though a bit more advanced than CS))
:)
You brother's behind the times man. If you want to do computers, you have to go to India. :p

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
Tried to go to a music show with nerudite, neither of us was motivated/felt well enough to do it.
It actually sold out, and that sealed the deal...but true... If I were more motivated, I would have bought tickets before night of show. Sorry, Billy Bragg!

nerudite

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
You can have a beer, and I'll have kiddie cocktail - I'll give you a call next time I'm up there, middle of October :)
At least I got have a margarita with ya before you got in the motherly way... ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
The Irish one said:
No They're way behind the times in that upside down part of the world.
Yeah.. what happens at the end of the 2nd season of The simpsons? (joking of course :p)

donk

Cyburbian
Skel,

with the free trade agreement being proposed between canada and chile, it will be easier to migrate here.

Plus we get all of your copper.(I think that is the metal we mine there)

ilikefish0

Cyburbian

Planderella said:
Not to mention dixie beer...

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
donk said:
Skel,

with the free trade agreement being proposed between canada and chile, it will be easier to migrate here.

Plus we get all of your copper.(I think that is the metal we mine there)
You get copper and we get cheaper mazdas (the ones that are built in Canada :)

BTW we're also in our way with ratifing a FTA with the US too, and with Korea (South Korea) and the EU and... hey let us act like a commercial prostitue once in a while... :p

What would I do with any Cyburbianites that are willing to come on my country (engrish reference)? Show'em around, beyond the typical places they visit. Oh and also force them to spend lots of bux here in Valdivia and hope that it will help out our economy :)

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
RichmondJake said:
Hey, my parents have a house on the lake here in Texas! ;) I'll tell them to go on a vacation or something and throw a wild Cyburbia party to satisfy Habanero's wish to have everyone get drunk and pass out on couches! :b: :-b

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Suburb Repairman said:
Hey, my parents have a house on the lake here in Texas! ;) I'll tell them to go on a vacation or something and throw a wild Cyburbia party to satisfy Habanero's wish to have everyone get drunk and pass out on couches! :b: :-b
A lake in Texas? Hmmm...

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
OK. It's a reservoir since there's only one natural lake in Texas: Caddo Lake. Canyon Lake, where my folks live, is north of San Antonio about 30 miles as the crow flies. It's a decent sized lake about 90 miles around the shoreline. Texas has several reservoir lakes in the Central Texas area and Hill Country for "flood control".

I've tried wakeboarding in the Gulf of Mexico. I hurt in too many places the next day to name! Although the wakes from shrimp boats add to the adrenaline rush!