• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Whatcha' working on now?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Fine-tuning the draft Land Development Code.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Lol cute pig

Im sitting here losing whats left of my mind tracking down old bonds and getting our folks to sign off and relase them. Some of these are from the late 70's early 80's of course no one here was here then, cant find any records to what monies go with what etc.

Did i do something wrong in a former life?

Avoiding reality while I peruse the Cyburbia boards in search of inspiration, nirvana, who knows?? ;)

I'm working on a work scope for a brownfields project; playing phone tag with sub-consultants; reviewing documents for an early morning meeting; selecting prime TOD areas on aerial photographs of a proposed light rail corridor. And YES, all of this is done concurrently - I'm the only planner and SOMEONE has got to do it. :)

I spent all day: writing up the minutes from last night's planning board (seven pages), processing approved projects and fielding calls from applicants to tell them their project has been approved and with what conditions. And periodically checking Cyburbia for a little procrastination.

Tomorrow: In the car all day for Code Enforcement! Actually looking forward to it, because we're having a nice and cool, yet sunshiny, week here in Albany!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Prudence is on vacation, so I'm stuck doing both our jobs. Most of today has been issuing driveway permits and responding to applicants for a new position we are hiring soon. Oh, and a lovely 2 hour meeting with a developer about potential TIF funding of their project.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I just got off vacation. Tonight is a monthly board meeting so I am prepping for it and working through a week's mail and telephone calls. Tomorrow I'll start on an RBOG.

JNL

Cyburbian
I am completing a review of international literature on how to provide for and promote walking in inner city pedestrian routes, and looking at how to assess walkability (walkability index). It's quite interesting, there are so many factors that affect pedestrian walkability.

KMateja said:
we're having a nice and cool, yet sunshiny, week here in Albany!
Cool sunshiny? What the heck is that??? At this time of the year, if the temp falls under 90 degrees, then it's considered a cool front!!!!! :)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Grading plan.....

Cool stuff, getting to "sculpt" people's yard.

Glomer

discussing with the city admin on whether or not he should sell the stock he has held onto and how many years this hit has ment he will have to work before he can retire.

Does anyone have the complete idiots guide to making money on wall street????

nerudite

Cyburbian
Just got out of a brainstorming session on how to bring affordable housing to my City. Good philosophical discussions... it's times like these that I appreciate having other planners around to bounce ideas off one another.

I'm avoiding working on the implementation plan for intermunicipal alternative dispute resolution (aka, how to play nice in the sandbox together).

kms

Cyburbian
I work for an environmental organization; I'm working on a curriculum about solid waste issues that meets PA's educational standards, writing articles for our kids' newsletter and developing an achievement award program that focuses on recycling and solid waste issues.

Originally posted by Planderella:
Cool sunshiny? What the heck is that??? At this time of the year, if the temp falls under 90 degrees, then it's considered a cool front!!!!!

heh. i'm not missin' the south at all right now. Today in Albany: High of 77 and mostly sunny, 0 wind. I love weeks like this. Getting ready to head on out for inspection! wahoo!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Lots.

Right now I'm revamping the filing system - fun wow. Somebody has to do it though.

Got a ton of development applications in various states - some awaiting revisions, some awaiting filing (see above), some just waiting.

Doing some growth rate forecasting.

Revising some transportation model runs of the waterfront area.

Slowly going insane.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Glomer said:

Does anyone have the complete idiots guide to making money on wall street????

If you had bought $1000.00 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00.

With Worldcom, you would have less than $5.00 left.

If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock)one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the deposit,you would have $214.00.

Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle!