• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

What's The weather Like Where you're Located?

pandersen

Cyburbian
Hi all:
Just curious as to the onset of winter-like conditions in your neck of the woods.

Here in Manitoba (Canada), winter arrived last night with a couple of inches of snow that's likely to remain for the duration.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
We had our first snowfall of the season last night too...about 2 centimetres, and with the nice bright sunshine most of it is gone already.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Just cloudy cloudy cloudy.
But weather looks clear for travel and as it seems I shall be on the road alot in the coming days this is good news.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
clear and cooler its 43 out. It was 34 when I got up to let the dogs out this AM. Busted out the old down duvee last night for the first time.

They are calling for a cold rain THursday for the T-day treck down 95

nerudite

Cyburbian
Very pretty today: -3C (27F) and sunny. Beautiful weather... I wish it would stay like this through to March (or at least until January!).

We have had snow on the ground for about a month now (since right before Halloween). I would say there is about a foot and half on the ground in our back yard.

donk

Cyburbian
We are having an unseasoanably warm snap. it was 8 C on the weekend. We did have an aearly snow, as documented a few weeks back, but now it is nice.

Hopefully it stays nice in Toronto for my trip for this weekend.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Partly cloudy. Snow fell last week and still getting the ocassional flurry in the afternoon and evening. Highs in the mid-30s and lows in the low 20s.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Yesterday morning was 7F. This morning was 20F. (But you Canadians probably call that warm, and use a C instead of an F.) That is w/out windchill - I live at the mouth of a canyon. Wind howls every morning until about 10 AM.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Cold but clear - about 0 C.

Yesterday in Cleveland, it went from about 20 C at 8:00 AM to -3 C at noon.

SGB

Cyburbian
Last night as I drove home into the approaching cold front, the weather did the following over a 30 minute period:

Pouring rain, 54F to blinding snow 34F

We had about 1.5" of snow by the time all was said & done.

BKM

Cyburbian
Crystal clear and (for California) rather chilly. It is 50 degrees F at 11:00 a.m. with a projected high of 57. Beautiful day outside.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
46 F according to SAC's page. The past few weeks have been nice. No snow yet and highs usually above 50. Cyburbia has made me appreciate that others in the US and especially Canada have it much worse than me in the winter. :)

H

Cyburbian
Well, its 80 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze here. Sounds like a blessing, right? Wrong. This means it is time for Florida to be invaded by the snow birds. (not that I am a Floridian, but I do have to put up with the consequences).

I think I want to move back to Mississippi. It was great, everyone makes fun of the state and that keeps the tourist and carpetbaggers away so the residents get to keep the beauty all to themselves. We had lakes, rivers, hills, trails, Fall leaves, Spring magnolias, Antebellum homes, town squares, great food, inexpensive living costs, and much much more wonder.

I hear the simple life calling me back…and this time I wont complain about the humidity ;)

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
We received about a foot of snow yesterday...it started snowing again this morning and has added another 6 inches. I just returned from the field where it was 29 F.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Right now it is 40 degrees F with a 15mph wind from the west/southwest. Yesterday we had our first snow showers after a weekend with highs in the 70s.

Chance of snow Friday, then warming again.
I want SNOW :-D

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Right now the weather here in SW MIchigan is

36°F Fair Skys and with a light wind from the South at 18 mph
it feels like 26°F

The UV Index: 1 Minimal
Dew Point: 24°F
Humidity: 62%
Visibility: Unlimited
Pressure: 29.93 inches and falling

BUT on Sunday it was 60 and raining, monday 3 inches of snow and a high of only 32. That is michigan weather for you

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Winter? That's so Northern Hemisphere right now... :p
How's the weather here in winter? Cold, rainny and windy.
How's the weather here in summer? moderately warm, a bit rainny and not that windy. We have rain all year long... :(

biscuit

Cyburbian
On Sunday the weather was 72F(22C) and sunny with a slight breeze. It couldn't have been a prieter day to be outside and I spent it walking with the fiancee and taking her dogs out for a long hike in the woods. Perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon

Yesterday morning it was a pleasant 53F(23C) as I was walking to work so I didn't think to bring a jacket along. By 3:00pm, however, it had dipped down to about 27F(3C) snowing and sleeting with a strong wind. So there I was after work, waiting for a bus in this mess with no jacket. What fun!

Well, the snow didn't stick, and the wind has died down a bit, but it is still pretty cold out. This time, however, like a good Boy Scout I'm prepared and have my coat.

martini

Cyburbian
25°, sunny. slight wind. Just got about 4" of snow two days ago. It'll probably be mostly gone by Saturday.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought it would be better to post this in the weather thread. It's been cold enough (-21C, -6F) the past few days that we have been getting ice fog at night. You can see the ice crystals around the moon if you look closely. It makes all the trees nice and silvery with frost. I wish the photo was brighter, but I can only hold the digital camera still for a few seconds.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
News flash from Argentina... It's snowing in Bariloche, a city in the Andes Mts. AND it's DECEMBER! I didn't hear any of you saying that it was snowing in June...
Here in Valdivia it's colder than normal.. it must be like 15-17ºC when it should be 20-22ºC normally! And the rain has been going on and off for a few days now, with unusual strong showers and winds for the season.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Sunny and 85f, I'm going to the beach. It was 50 yesterday, now I think its in the 30's with some snow expected.

otterpop

Cyburbian
In Helena, we had snow last night, with an accumulation of perhaps an inch and a half. In the morning it was a little dark due to low cloud cover, but that was gone by noon. The temperatures were around 18 degrees F around 8 a.m., but warmed considerable after the sun came out. The sun melted a good bit of the snow. In all, a nice day for December here.