• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

What's with the new anonymous names?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
It has been sparked by a certain individual of recent avatar fame who's name will not be mentioned.

Habanero

Cyburbian
*whispering* um.. Chet.. could I have a new name, I think people are starting to catch on to me.. :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Mike D. said:
I wanna be Supreme Allah ...
And have every hacker in Egypt and Iran trying to bring Cyburbia down, and a fatwa placed on my head ... yeah, right.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Introducemyselfassomeonetotallynewandnotsomeonewhowaseverherebefore

Hi, I'm a new guy. Yep, I have never ever been here before. No I am not related to a wildly hansome Mexican bandit.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I ate three habaneros in a row once... and I also experienced the associated fire sensations. Just not on my fingers. :)

SGB

Cyburbian
Chet said:
It has been sparked by a certain individual of recent avatar fame who's name will not be mentioned.
What am I missing? All of your previous posts are now listed under your new user name. Including those that mentioned you-know-who.

If it's anonymity you sought - try again.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
We may know who he is, but a new visitor to the site wouldn't so it is anonymity from outsiders....

Habanero

Cyburbian
yes, but these names are not our names, so there is a level of anonymity because it's not like isn't first initial, last name.

:p

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Habanero said:
yes, but these names are not our names, so there is a level of anonymity because it's not like isn't first initial, last name.

:p
exactly. a google search Chet wont find the real me. Also, as time permits Im going to go through old posts and clean 'em up.

All threads relating to the [banned user] will get the same treatment at that persons request.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
OK, so I was sitting here thinking "damn, we have a lot of new people all of a sudden". Where have I been??? So who wants to PM me and explain what the hell is going on????

......(slinking away) I'm going to keep quiet for awhile, since apparently I'm a couple cans short of a six pack today....

Edit to say that I couldn't figure out how to spell quiet for about ten minutes.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Allright how 'bout Poet....trying to stick with the Oz theme...

Hey...lets have Oz Avatar week....?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
OK, so I was sitting here thinking "damn, we have a lot of new people all of a sudden". Where have I been??? So who wants to PM me and explain what the hell is going on????

......(slinking away) I'm going to keep quiet for awhile, since apparently I'm a couple cans short of a six pack today....

Edit to say that I couldn't figure out how to spell quiet for about ten minutes.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'll out myself, I'm Tex, or Ashley, or TexasPlanner.. and I changed it because I'm not in Texas.. and Habanero comes from a funny thing one of Jame's friends said wen he met me.. so that's what I really wanted.

I think if you are a regular you'll recognize us from the avatar-

see my monkey!?

Chris

I'm out.
I don't get a word.
Who is you-know-who, and why was my request about this removed from the page?
this guy must be more dangerous than saddam if he's so much censored here.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Chris said:
I'm out.
I don't get a word. Who is you-know-who, and why was my request about this removed from the page? this guy must be more dangerous than saddam if he's so much censored here.
The moderators were trying to clean up the damage from a recent storm of sorts, resulting from the identification of a former user who caused some trouble here.

Let's get back to normal. Thread closed.