• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

What's your signature city?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Well, there's a quiz at http://www.emode.com/tests/signaturecity/authorize/register.jsp?url=/tests/signaturecity/index.jsp where you can find out.

My results?

Dan, your signature city is Seattle

Sleepless in Seattle? We don't think so. You may be laidback but that doesn't mean you're lacking in energy. Someone as adventurous and active as you is the perfect pairing with a city that's filled with fresh air, beautiful waterfront, snow-capped mountains, and plenty to do. Read more about your signature city...

kms

Cyburbian
With your lovable, down-to-earth personality, you'd be a perfect fit in a seaside city like Savannah. Maybe you enjoy taking life at your own leisurely pace — it is more civilized, after all. And who needs the breakneck hustle and bustle of the big city when you can kick your heels up in a clean, friendly, well-organized city?

This doesn't surprise me...

oulevin

Cyburbian
Signature City

Your signature city is Austin

Like your signature city, you're vibrant and have a spicy flair. Whether you're hanging out at a café or catching a new band, you're a friendly, people person who no doubt enjoys being out and about, but who also knows how to take it slow when the time is right.

There must be something to this test, because Austin is a city I always figured I'd move to if I wasn't such an Oklahoman. Pretty cool!!

simulcra

Chris, your signature city is New York

Whether you like to have lots of options at your fingertips or you like to be in a metropolitan environment that's buzzing with energy, the Big Apple is the perfect place for you. Maybe you like to mix and mingle at some of the edgiest restaurants, shops, and clubs in the world. Or maybe you like to be in the middle of it all — in the bright lights and big city.

I'm surprised though that Austin made it onto the "signature city" list. Does cingular have a vested interest in them?

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
Mine is New Orleans.

You've got a "big easy" way about you and an infectious energy that's impossible to ignore. No wonder people love being around you. Like your signature city, you've got a finger on the pulse of just about anything — from music, to history, to food, to culture.

I'm not too surprised, but I've lived there and wouldn't say it is my signature city.

biscuit

Cyburbian
New York! :-o
I'm not so sure about the accuracy of this test. I figured I would be more of an Austin or Savannah type. Go figure.

H

Cyburbian
Well they told me New York and they are wrong.

I think New York is a great city and would never disrespect it as anything less, but I have been to New York and would not like to live there.

Oh well. I was hoping they would tell be the city I am in, but I guess no such luck. :-S

oulevin

Cyburbian
Hmm

It is kind of flawed in that only Los Angeles, Seattle, New Orleans, Austin, Savannah, and New York are the possible cities. So if your personality is conservative, you wouldn't get , let's say, Virginia Beach. Probably a Savannah.

martini

Cyburbian
'nother Seattle here. I woulda figured myself more suited for Portland as well. If you looked at the bottom of your 'results', you would of noticed that the cities listed were Seatlle, Sahvanna, New York, Austin, New Orleans, and LA(I think la). Kind of limitied 'winning' choices, eh?

Duh, oluven(sp, sorry) beat me to this point. Please disregard!

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
New York

Whether you like to have lots of options at your fingertips or you like to be in a metropolitan environment that's buzzing with energy, the Big Apple is the perfect place for you. Maybe you like to mix and mingle at some of the edgiest restaurants, shops, and clubs in the world. Or maybe you like to be in the middle of it all — in the bright lights and big city.

And I've never been there.

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
It's A Fit!

Although initially skeptical, I gave it a try...and it came back NYC!

I was in the City for the 1st time in 25 years this past June and had a splendid time. Living there?

Maybe when the kids are off and on their own, I can get that sub-basement space under the bodega on Avenue C for $3,900/month.......

ludes98

Cyburbian
New York. I have never been any further east than Cleveland. I am a westerner. AZ, NM, CO, UT, TX, CA, NV and UT cover it for where I have been. I can however say that in my state, I have been to almost every town, and driven every highway 2 lanes or wider.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
THIS SURVEY SUCKS!

I ended up with New Orleans.

I was thinking more along the lines of the seemy underbelly of BERLIN during the LOVE PARADE! :)

New York, New York, Big City of Dreams... I kinda knew when I was 12, that I would move to a big city on the East Coast. So far, I ended up in Baltimore. I'm only 200 miles (3 hour car drive)off.

Pretty odd for a New Orleanian......NOT

New York

One night could be dinner and a show on Broadway, a stroll through Central Park the next, or a trip to the Met the next. From Grand Central Station to Greenwich Village, New York's got some of the biggest and edgiest things to see and do anywhere in the world. No wonder a trendsetter like you would be right at home in the Big Apple.

So next time you want to share your signature city with folks who couldn’t come with you, give them a call. It’s the next best thing to having them there, and the perfect way to check in from anywhere at any time. But before you do, make sure you’re covered by the wireless plan that fits you best.

donk

Cyburbian
Another New Yorker.

After spending the last few days in Toronto, I'd like to live in/near a big city again.