• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

WhatWouldJesusDrive?????

el Guapo

Capitalist
WWJD - What would Jesus Drive?

I'm guesing a 1991 Subaru Justy - 3 cylinders

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Personally, I think he'd take public transit.

If he had to drive though, I picture him in a VW bug (not the new version). Maybe a VW camper van if he has to take the apostles along.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Father was a carpenter, mother didn't work....

Beat up Chevy Nova. :)

PS....I can't believe we're starting a thread based on a George Conklin a.p.u post!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
NHPlanner said:

PS....I can't believe we're starting a thread based on a George Conklin a.p.u post!
I wondered where the idea for this thread came from...I figured EG was just a little bored.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Hummer H2....the terrain can get pretty nasty in Nazareth.

Last edited:

el Guapo

Capitalist
Mike: Jesus piloting an H2 playing "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth! There's your mental image of the day.

nerudite

Cyburbian
If he wants to drive everywhere he could walk, maybe he'd like to try the Amphicar. The car that swims!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Jesus would be like one of those guys you knew in college, who would buy one funky car that he liked, drive it around for a few months until he got bored, and then drive something else. For instance, he might drive an International Harvester Scout for a few, get tired of it because it's too big, and decide to pilot a Vespa scooter for a while. Eventually, though, he'll settle on an old Subaru.

He would have a bumper sticker that reads "WHAT WOULD I DO?"

Runner

Cyburbian
I think Mastiff has it right. Jesus lived in a walkable community.

However, I am darn sure the devil drives one of these with Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein in the back seat:

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I think the big guy would have been walking too-just something more dignified about it-more personable too.

Ya know i can see driving a hummer if you lived in say...Oman but come on they are on the streets here and they dont FIT.

slow, gas guzzeling, lane hogs.

but would i love to take one for a spin-YUPPPPP!

wheeeeee me in latex behind the wheel of a hummer.

ok ill hush now too much soda for today

PlannerGirl said:

wheeeeee me in latex behind the wheel of a hummer.
Dammit, I've been permanently scarred by the hyperactive squirrell song:

And Danie was driving a hummer and wearing all latex and WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE! Gonads and Strife!

Runner

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
but would i love to take one for a spin-YUPPPPP!
I had a chance to drive one in the Marines and was a passenger in one quite frequently, your not missing much. They've got a big bulky engine cowling between the driver and front passenger and are pretty uncomfortable. I can't see how you could make a civilian version much better. One good point was that the heater was not an option like in the USMC Jeeps.
If I lived "off the grid" and away from all roads maybe one would be helpful but I doubt it.
As for non-military applications: They're just a big stupid toy for people with more money than brains. Period.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: idea

sal95 said:
Tranplanner: EG didn't make this one up. . .it is a REAL issue! Religious and environmental groups are getting together for a new ad campaign based on "What Would Jesus Drive."

Here is the link from CNN:

http://money.cnn.com/2002/11/20/news/companies/cars/index.htm
Or maybe I did make it up, then fed it to the 700 Club in a secret interfascist.net email and now my control of the extreme right-wing is firmly cemented! (insert maniacal laugh here) ;)

Next Subject: What What Would Jesus Shoot? I'm thinking he is an UZI man, what with his connection to the Holy Land an all.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Re: idea

El Guapo said:

Next Subject: What What Would Jesus Shoot? I'm thinking he is an UZI man, what with his connection to the Holy Land an all.
He doesn't have to, he would just yell DAD! and a lighting bolt would strike the offending party.....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
That's a wimpy pickup! Jesus would drive a REAL pickup, because He's a REAL AMERICAN! He'd want a vehicle that would make people stop, stare, and say "Good Lord!"

THOU ART RUGGED!

Runner

Cyburbian
Dan,

That picture gives me an uneasy feeling. I'll bet if Detroit offers an SUV on those frames there are idiots out there that will think they need one...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Actually, Jesus would probably be driving an M-1 Abrams tank, purched by Isreal from America. He would have been mandatorily entered into Isreali military service, and would probably be gunning down Palistinians as we speak.

Runner

Cyburbian
OK, it is possible that Jesus would have used a SUV and if that's the case here it is: