• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

When Condos Go Bad

Repo Man

Cyburbian
These Condo associations are insane and as much as I think this decision is short-sighted, these residents know these restrictions when they move in. I remember a situation a few years ago where this lady had a dog that exceeded the maximum allowble dog size. She pleaded with the Condo association to lether keep the dog. When they told her no, she refused to move or give up the dog. They sued her and her defense was that she suffered from depression, which should be a disibility. He argument was that the dog helped he cope with her disability and she was protected by the American's With Disabilities Act. If people don't want someone else telling them what they can and can't do with their condos, they should find another place to live.

Jen

Cyburbian
So fricking petty, and rigid. The condo association made the rules they can certainly bend them! Why not offer every mailbox a flag, all exactly the same? What a blown opportunity to build community.

Do you think anyone is gonna attend the labor day mixer now?

I agree about the pettiness. Coolers banned from balconies, fine. House color? asinine, but ok. Like fortin said, everyone knows ahead of time. But please - was anyone REALLY complaining about flags on mailboxes. it is just so sad.