• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Organizations When is the next InfoTech Newsletter coming?

Does anyone know when the next InfoTech Newsletter is due to be mailed?

Also what is happening with the InfoTech Website? Does anyone know what is happening in this regard?

Thanks

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dito

Those would be the reasons I dropped my membership in this fine subdivision of APA. The so called tech people couldn't produce a newsletter or website worth my $25.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Re: Dito

el Guapo said:
Those would be the reasons I dropped my membership in this fine subdivision of APA. The so called tech people couldn't produce a newsletter or website worth my $25.
Amen. I exchanged Info Tech for CP&M....which isn't much better BTW....

Dev

I have to apologize for the delay in the newsletter and the website.

I realize I am stretched too thin, and I am coordinating with Chris Steins and APA National to transition the Chair position to Chris Steins.

Regarding the newsletter, I have to disagree. Ric Stephens has been doing an outstanding job with the newsletter and I am always very impressed with its content. Chris and I will be writing a new Chair message and the newsletter will be out shortly.

Thank for your inquiry, Joe.

Dev

el Guapo

Capitalist
I'm a skeptic

Dev,
Are you saying things have changed? The two years I was a members were rough ones for this subdivision of APA. What do you say to those that are interested in this subject area, yet are hesitant to pour good money after bad? How are you going to rebuild lost membership?

GALIP has a web site. Why not the tech geeks? As a matter of fact I can't recall an InfoTech website since I have been a member of APA.

Editor

InfoTEXT

The Fall newsletter will be sent to the printers at the end of this week. The editorial deadline for the Winter issue is December 15th. Anyone wishing to contribute articles, announcements, illustrations, etc. can contact me (or any officer) via this forum or our email addresses posted in the newsletter. [Membership is not required to submit materials!]

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: I'm a skeptic

el Guapo said:
GALIP has a web site. Why not the tech geeks? As a matter of fact I can't recall an InfoTech website since I have been a member of APA.
EG,

I'm in the process of creating a Web site. It's in alpha form, and you can see it at http://apait.cyburbia.org . I'm going to be doing some updating this weekend.

GIS Guy

Infotech is coming back strong!

Hmm, Seems like there's much concern about the Infotech Division, A good thing. I would encourage all members to give it a few months as the next newsletter should explain the direction this division is going in. Just a few things:

A membership survey was sent out to see how the division could better serve its members; check out the summary results at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/DisplaySummary.asp?SID=226775&U=22677582453&bhcd2=1070733735

An email was sent out regarding an all-star team that Chris Steins, New Infotech Chair, has put together. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll post it here. The next newsletter may include our action plan for the next year. Personally, I believe this will be a premier division of the APA within the next 18 months, IMHO.

Members are going to see much more than just a newsletter and website, but also research, video training and much more.

This is a great time to be a member. Hang in there and watch this division flower. I can say that we are building and collaborating with other organizations to bring our members "Top Shelf" service & deliverables.

How do I know, Well I could go on and on, but it should be in the next news letter. Several very talented and enthusiastic members are providing outstanding contributions. I'm sure the trend will continue. So to all members, Stand by!

Mike Gritz