• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

When sports are taken too seriously…

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Alcohol + Alabama Football = Attempted Murder?

I hope the dude spends a lot of his prison time ordered to miss Albama football on TV and thinking about how stoopid he is.

Yeeesh.

Budgie

Cyburbian
When Sports are taken to seriously . . .

"people use those guns they have laying around supposedly for protection."

When driving your car is taken to seriously ...

When teenagers take social isolation to seriously ...

When work is taken too seriously ...

When an argument between spouses or significant others is taken too seriously ...

H

Cyburbian
I think the judge ruled that he could only watch Auburn football from now on. I understand that is the worst Alabama state court penalty there is ;)

*and I am NOT sorry Auburn fans.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Ok... So he tried to kill his son...
Your honor, I present evidence A on the case: Why southerners are completely insane. :)

Budgie

Cyburbian
BKM said:
Skel, don't you live in the SOUTHERN hemisphere? :)
Southerners in the southern hemisphere are actually northerners. It's based on distance from the equator. Perhaps he is a northernern?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I live near the 40º South Latitude parallel... (a bit north from it). That's the same distance from the equator than NYC or mabye Philly.(more or less...)

BTW I meant USA southerners :p

SGB

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
Southerners in the southern hemisphere are actually northerners. It's based on distance from the equator. Perhaps he is a northernern?
And yet I understand from a land use law prof I once had that there is a strong and serious movement amongst NZ geographers to have it declared and accepted globally that the southern hemisphere is actually north, and vice versa.

JNL, a little help here?

Bonus for Otterpop: Name that lawyer/prof!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Ok... So he tried to kill his son...
Your honor, I present evidence A on the case: Why southerners are completely insane. :)
Most of us are insane in an endearingly quirky way. Football addicts are a whole 'nother story...

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
How about a state of football fanatics. There is no OFF season for a Cheese Head, there are only changes in the different phases of the season :) No breaks :)

Such as:
Training Camp Season
Regular Season
Draft Season

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
during _________season it's relentless
high school on friday nights,
college - IU, UK, ND, etc...
and Pros.

Last edited:

BKM

Cyburbian
BTW I meant USA southerners
I know that. Just a little inter-hemispheric ribbing.

Of course, doesn't South America have insane soccer fanatics (Argentina and Brazil in particular) and a "sport" in which Andean men drink themselves silly on potato liquor and then beat each other senseless-a central part of many village fiestas?