• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Where are we from?

Rem

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
I think there are now more in Canada than in any other state.
Not even a nibble - I think this is too subtle for the Canadians.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Tranplanner said:
No, no - I saw it. I just didn't feel like lowering myself to Stumphies level again ;)

O C'mon, hell is great this time of year! Join us!

Mark

Cyburbian
I drop in alot, with very little posts. And I feel guilty for not ponying up some cash for Dan.

Mark, City of Troy, Planning Director and reside in West Bloomfield, Oakland County, northwest Metro Detroit. Add my location.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Here's the latest...

(Solipsa, I added your number to the Chicago metro total. Let me know if you need that changed.)

I TRIED TO POST BUT CYBURBIA IS DISPLAYING AN OLD MAP FOR SOME REASON. I WILL E-MAIL THE MAP TO A MODERATOR TO POST.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
For Cardinal....here's the September 2003 updated map:

3Cyburbia_Map_sept_.jpg

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Accessing Targeting Codes

85 degrees 52 minutes 30 seconds West
38 degrees 17 minutes 30 seconds North

I Think ...

UPPlanner

Sault Ste. Marie, MI....last US exit on Interstate 75 in the Upper Peninsula of MI.......blink and you'd miss it.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Re: Accessing Targeting Codes

Gedunker said:
85 degrees 52 minutes 30 seconds West
38 degrees 17 minutes 30 seconds North

I Think ...

Those coordinates give me some hill near new albany, IN ;) (thank you mapserver :-})

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
HHMMMM. Im beginning the thing there is a Michigan undercurrent here....

simulcra

out of curiosity, why are those four-corner-nat'l-park states colored and circled?

as for that matter, when do one of those lil dots become one of the colorful dots?

Solipsa said:
out of curiosity, why are those four-corner-nat'l-park states colored and circled?

You must have not dutifully slogged through all 7 pages of this thread (like i did).

It is a reference to the Cyburbia Logo.

I don't know the answer to your other question but I hope someone tells you. I kind of want to know (and I don't want to slog through all 7 pages again to see if it has already been said before and I just 'forgot').

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
After a given point has several cyburbanites it gets the logo dot.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Giff is correct. Once a metro area gets five Cyburbanites, it gets a larger dot. If I could post a higher-resolutin image, you would see that each of these has a number on it indicating how many Cyburbanites are there. Milwaukee and Chicago each have six. The smaller dots are also Cyburbia logos, but they get hard to see.

moose

This is awesome -- thanks Cardinal!

Cyburbia apparently needs to step up the recruiting in Utah, Washington, Wyoming and New Mexico, though.

benk928

Cyburbian
Williamsburg, Virginia. Just a little dot in the southeastern tip of VA will do. And hurry. This time next week we'll all be underwater.

-Ben

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Re: Re: Accessing Targeting Codes

SkeLeton said:
Those coordinates give me some hill near new albany, IN ;) (thank you mapserver :-})

That's the place (or close enough for n-bombs).

Isn't Louisville Slugger in Louisville?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I notice that there is still a dot on the September Map over the Bellowing Hell called Reading PA. if that is my dot, burn it, and would you place a shinny new one over the LOVELY lake filled community known as the City of Portage Michigan (Just to the south of Kalamazoo)?

I would be ever so grateful.

Thank you!!!

Cardinal said:
Giff is correct. Once a metro area gets five Cyburbanites, it gets a larger dot. If I could post a higher-resolutin image, you would see that each of these has a number on it indicating how many Cyburbanites are there. Milwaukee and Chicago each have six. The smaller dots are also Cyburbia logos, but they get hard to see.

I could be wrong, but I remember seeing something about Kalamazoo, Portage, and Battle Creek all being in one MSA. I just notice that there are a lot of dots in SW Michigan.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Michaelskis - that is Mike D still lingering in eastern PA. The southern Michigan dots are close, but not all in the same metro, and the last map already has you moved.

SGB

Cyburbian
iamme said:
Isn't there someone from Russia on here?

There was an American Peace Corps volunteer from Russia. I beleive he's now stateside in grad school?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I try to see if someone is going to stick with Cyburbia before giving out a dot. It is something that has to be earned. :)

H

Cyburbian
That is so cool. I am just amazed that we can sit around and talk (mostly civilized) like we are in the same room, but we are mostly very far from each other. I had a class once about social capital and the wave of the future (internet forums). The class discussed Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community by Robert D. Putnam among other books and the changing social network. This is my first and only forum, so I am a newbie, but wow. Here it is. Thanks for the mapCardinal:)

The Irish One

I sometimes wonder how often Dan (the Dear Leader) stares at the map in a dictatorial high loving all his Planner children in Planning bliss.

SGB

Cyburbian
I suspect that Cardinal's map is the wallpaper on at least one of Dan's computers.

:)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
not sure if i was recorded from the thread due to the meltdown of the forums at the end of august. just checking.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
not sure if i was recorded from the thread due to the meltdown of the forums at the end of august. just checking.

With this map, you are now a dot on the map. I have also posted it in higher-resolution in the Gallery.

DA Monkey

Cyburbian
One more dot

Could you add another for the land of Oz

Im in Brisbane, a bit north of REM. On the map they should show as two distinct dots, there is enough distance at the scale used.:)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
All it took was a Friday night with nothing better to do...

11Nov15Map-med.jpg

Updated through November 15th, 2003.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
One man front going on in Buffalo, Come on People I don't even go to UB (Buff State thankyou), where are all the UB, local lurkers to get this spot on the map growing?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Hum... nice touch Cardinal... but aren't you taking the Bora Bora joke a bit too far?

Chet hasn't told us yet where he is going...

And with winter coming, I'll at least be there in spirit.