• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Where are we from?

donk

Cyburbian
skel,

JMF and I are in the Atlantic Time zone, not 1/2 back on newfie time (sorry newfies) ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Ok, thanks donk.. I used Halifax now.. and took down the repeated TZ's :)
Cyburbia World clock v1.2 :)
Any other missing TZ's PM me and tell me a big enough city that corresponds to your Time Zone.

EDIT: I had screwed up with the link... sorry... :p

Last edited:

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Today's update: Liverpool (Norris), Amsterdam (rennell) and Anchorage (I couldn't find Barrow for Earl Finkler) added.
Cyburbia World Clock v1.21
This applet supports up to 16 different clocks, so there are still 4 slots free. :) Any others that I'm missing?

Kiltie

Add me for Winnipeg, MB - or "Winterpeg" as we start calling it this time of year! -30 C with the wind chill today! Makes me wonder why I moved from Phoenix....oh yah, the INS!

jlong

Where I am from

Hi I am new to the forum. I am from Northwest Arkansas. Bentonville to be exact. Home of Wal-Mart. I work for a consulting firm that has completed approx. 1,190 Wal-Mart/Sam's Clus/Neighborhood Markets across the nation. We try to design more friendly sites but Wal-mart always says "If the City is not going to make us do it, then we don't want to spend the money" And this comes from the biggest retailer in the world.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Where I am from

jlong said:
Hi I am new to the forum. I am from Northwest Arkansas. Bentonville to be exact. Home of Wal-Mart. I work for a consulting firm that has completed approx. 1,190 Wal-Mart/Sam's Clus/Neighborhood Markets across the nation. We try to design more friendly sites but Wal-mart always says "If the City is not going to make us do it, then we don't want to spend the money" And this comes from the biggest retailer in the world.

[ot]"Sam's Law" is once again proven correct. ;)[/ot]

boiker

Cyburbian
Highlander said:
Add me for Winnipeg, MB - or "Winterpeg" as we start calling it this time of year! -30 C with the wind chill today! Makes me wonder why I moved from Phoenix....oh yah, the INS!

Saw some cool pics of Winnipeg on Urban Photo

btw.. move my little dot to Peoria, IL again.

I don't think my dot will move anymore for a while
[finger-crossing on]

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Skel-very cool world clocks. Us Hoosiers need a special clock, though, we're kind of in our own time zone, or at least some of us are...part of the time....depending on which part of the state it is....can some of the other Hoosiers help me explain Hoosier time here?

Bangorian

Bath, Maine

Hey, I just realized that I'm not represented on the map. For all proactical purposes, you can put me smack in between the two other Maine dots, right on the coast. :-D

Cardinal

Cyburbian
MaineMan said:
Hey, I just realized that I'm not represented on the map. For all proactical purposes, you can put me smack in between the two other Maine dots, right on the coast. :-D

Ooops... You are on, just in the wrong place. It is about time I did an update.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
So here it is... updated on January 24... the new Cyburbia Map!

Congratualtions to Sydney, Australia and the New York metropolitan area on getting big dots. Albany and Baltimore are one Cyburbian away, so come on you Baltimorons and Albanians!

India... well, I just don't know the country well enough and don't have a good map, so give me some directions and I'll move those dots where they belong.

Niyojak and Octa Girl, let me know where to put your dots.

0Cyburbia_Map_-_Jan_24-med.jpg

There are still no Cyburbians in Vermont, Connecticut, West Virginia, Arkansas, South Dakota, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada or Hawaii.

jlong

I am located in Nrthwest Arkansas. Right in the Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri border

metroboi

Cyburbian
I am located in Charlotte, NC. This would be on the NC/SC border almost in the center of the two states.

jsk1983

Cyburbian
Just outside of Buffalo, NY, although I'm currently in school at Binghamton which is on the PA border just west of where the NY/PA border starts to loses its straightness.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
With all of the changes, I thought I would update the map early. Boiker, you have been relocated. The same is true for Trail Nazi and Donk. Enjoy your new dots. If you have joined recently, you are also added. Some of you get a dot. Others (DC Metro, for instance) have to share a dot.

11Cyburbia_Map_-_Feb_5.jpg

Budgie

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
With all of the changes, I thought I would update the map early. Boiker, you have been relocated. The same is true for Trail Nazi and Donk.

Cardinal, just a reminder that I've relocated to Abilene, Kansas from Leavenworth/Leawood, Kansas.

Dragon

Cyburbian
Mississippi needs more representation :-D . So if I qualify, how about a dot for in the area of Hattiesburg, MS. South and East of the other Jackson, MS dot.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Cardinal....I think you may have one dot too many in NH....there's me and Planner Groupie.....but the third dot is now a banned member that likely won't ever be coming back (Mary Poppins). ;)

Attachments

• nhcyb.jpg
    nhcyb.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 257

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Well, my dot should be moving around 500 miles north in a week or so... just so you remember for the next update :) Although considering that my dot is an aproximatelly 200 kilometer radius circle in scale to the map of Chile in the image, you won't have to move it much... :p

In real scale... Chile would be longer that the US East Coast! (The comparative length would go from Florida all the way up to even Canada...) But since the cyburbia world map uses different scales for each country, Chile looks like a little shrimp. :p

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
[BROWN NOSE ON]Cardinal, oh great and skilled maker of Cyburbian maps: Could I get my dot now? Please?[/BROWN NOSE OFF]

Just put me on the north side of the Ohio River, about halfway between JNA and Cincinnati, please. Thanking you in advance.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I wonder how many people live in the Kalamazoo MSA, (K-zoo, Battle Creek, Portage... and such)

I know of at least 3 regular posters... how many do we need for a big dot?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Michaelskis and I are in the same office. SW Michigan.

ebeech121

Cyburbian
Here I Am!!

detail

And just for those who I know are mispronouncing it, it's "McDonna." Not Scottish-accented...we don't kid ourselves down here. :D

Or, rather, if you're south of ATL, it's MackDonna.

What can I say, we're Southern.

If someone could help me do this picture thing? That would work out real nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Here it is... long-awaited... the new Cyburbia Map! Budgie's been nudged, New Hampshire's dropped a dot, and everybody that has joined through March 17 has been added (except Hindered - where does the dot go?).

11Cyburbia_Map_-_Mar_17.jpg

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Cardinal -- as always -- an outstanding job, and a big thank you for my dot!

BKM

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
Great job, but how did we lose Maine to the Canadians? :)

LOL. Them sneaky Canucks! Pretty soon they'll be chomping on Da UP, then Minnesota, then North Dakota. Who knows where they will stop!

Canada-the Next Imminent Threat (tm)

Beware of Al-hoser-Hor'ton bin Maple Syrup!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
So Tim Horton's the Prime Minister now? Hopefully he'll do a better job than the lead singer from Loverboy did.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Seabishop said:
So Tim Horton's the Prime Minister now?

And he's doing a great job considering he's been dead for the last 30 years.

Look out Michigan - you're next ;)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Priceless work Cardinal! Nice to know I now live in the easternmost state in the US....