• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Where can I get peer reviewed articles?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Tried the library?

Seriously, on what topics? There are thousands of them published every year, on everything from anthropoligy to zoology. Get as specific as you can, because there are dozens of peer reviewed journals related to planning issues.

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
Your university library should have on-line journals (although Journal of APA and Journal of Planning Education and Research are not on-line). You can use the Social Sciences Abstract and ABInform (now called something else) to conduct searches on a specific topic. Your university librarian should be able to help you.

KCgridlock

Thanks, I knew that the library had some, but really thought I could find some on the internet without going to the library. I have not had any luck with that though. I'm looking for articles on stadium and thier impact and downtowns or other urban areas.

Thanks again.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I read a good article once on the proposed St. Louis stadium and its urban village. But now I can't find it. There is an economic development report from the State of Missouri (pdf) that is written more like an article... but it hasn't had peer review.

SGB

Cyburbian
Masters thesis

Certainly a Masters thesis should count as peer reviewed.

Check out one by a Cornell University graduate (J. Hoch) done on this topic in or around 1992 or 1993.

It should be available through inter-library loan.

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
There are a ton of peer reviewed articles on stadiums. Mark Rosentraub is the major author on this topic. His latest article "Cities, Sports, and Economic Change: A Retrospective Assessment" is in the Journal of Urban Affairs Vol 24, 5 pgs 549-563. A simple search under his name in any of the library journal resources will turn up a number of articles, plus he has written two books on the topic.

KCgridlock

cowley.11 said:
There are a ton of peer reviewed articles on stadiums. Mark Rosentraub is the major author on this topic. His latest article "Cities, Sports, and Economic Change: A Retrospective Assessment" is in the Journal of Urban Affairs Vol 24, 5 pgs 549-563. A simple search under his name in any of the library journal resources will turn up a number of articles, plus he has written two books on the topic.
Hey, thanks, that helped a lot.