• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Where in the World is bturk #138

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Just because we haven't done this in a while, and I'm burned out from Planning Board last night....

here's pic #1

NHPlanner

Staff member
Yes it is in the US.

Apologies....but my replies will be delayed for a while while I go into a meeting for an hour or so......

NHPlanner

Staff member
KMateja said:
Rancho Cucamonga?
Wow....you're right! :)

I expected to have to give more clues.

How did you guess?

(for those interested...the reason I picked Rancho Cucamonga is that my daughter has been saying it nonstop ever since she heard her grammy mention it....and it's so damn cute the various ways she pronounces it. ::oops: )

NHPlanner

Staff member
Kelly's prize....

Official Hat of the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes. :)

Mike DeVuono said:
KMateja said:
Is it cheating to Google?
Nice detective work there Nancy Drew!!

Now how 'bout finding out who the Beltway Sniper is??
Well, detective work isn't helping me solve the Case of the Beltway Sniper, so I consulted my Magic 8 Ball and here's what I discovered:
Answers to the questions: Is the Beltway Sniper:
TV's Chad Allen: Outlook not so good
OJ Simpson: Yes
Osama Bin Laden: It is decidedly so!

So apparantly the reports that it is 2 men, one olive skin toned, are true! It's decidedly Osama.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I thought it was Rancho Cucamonga too (my sister used to live there)... it's one of the few places in So. Cal *that* close to the mountains (Mt. Baldy in the backrgound I think)... but I thought it would be too obscure... I was thinking as an alternative Palm Springs, but I've never been there so I really didn't know.

Also, despite being nestled into the foothills there, they are often obscured by smog (it's one of the smoggiest places in so. cal.) My sister used to live less than a mile from the foothills of Mt. Baldy, and I think I've only seen the mountains a few times out of the dozens of times I went to visit. This was about a decade ago, so I hope it's improved since then.