• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Where might I find the Hanson Brothers-

Habanero

Cyburbian
Spawn figure set? James wants the set for Christmas and my Mom has no idea where to start-

donk

Cyburbian
If you prefer local, call a comic book store, they probably deal with MacFarlane Toys.

If not lots of places on the web.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Thank you for clearing that up...I was thinking the boy band but didn't want to say something rude :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
Thank you for clearing that up...I was thinking the boy band but didn't want to say something rude :)
Yeah, but now you just gave me a great idea for a joke! Thanks Mike! It never even crossed my mind there was a band named that-

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Generation Gap. I immediately thought Slap Shot as well. Top 10 all time sports movie. Paul Newman; Old time Hockey, Charelston Chiefs?

Best line: Character Ned says as the they Hansons get on a bus:

"Hey, are you guys brothers?"

Classic

donk

Cyburbian
my slapshot story

I am not a hockey fan, but I lived with 4 in university. We owned a copy of slapshot. Every saturday night after the bar it would go on and my room mates would sit in the basement and act out the entire movie, they even took turns being the different characters.

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
my slapshot story

I am not a hockey fan, but I lived with 4 in university. We owned a copy of slapshot. Every saturday night after the bar it would go on and my room mates would sit in the basement and act out the entire movie, they even took turns being the different characters.
Sounds like the Canadian version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I hope you guys didn't auction off virgins or throw rice at the t.v. ...

donk

Cyburbian
they had a foam hockey stick they would hit each other with and talk about getting the tin foil out

Habanero

Cyburbian
One of my favorite parts...

"Icing happen when the puck comes down, bang, you know, before the other guys,nobody there, then my hand goes comes up, then play stops then start up."

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
"Hey Reg, who own the Chiefs?"

"OWNS, OWNS"

Paul Newmans fur coat is classic.

Hanson Brothers playing AFX racing in their Hotel Room, taping foil to their knuckles, beating the crap out of the soda machine for their Root Beer's.

I gotta rent it this weekend.