• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Where the hell is the hockey playoff thread?!?

Habanero

Cyburbian
No douubt abouut it, we need a hockey thread!

Teams I'm pulling for: Stars and Leafs. Obviously Stars, duh, I'm from Dallas, my dog's named Hatcher, I love Turco. *sigh Turco*

The Leafs, well, because I've got some good hockey friends that showed the the magic known as the Leafs, and because that's where Eddie went. *sigh Bellllfoooouuurrrrrrr*

Doin' a little happy dance Detroit lost to Disney's team- bwahahahahahahahaha. (Sorry Cujo).

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
TexasPlanner said:
No douubt abouut it, we need a hockey thread!
Yep - we sure do! Don't know why one wasn't started sooner.

I can't believe Anaheim took at the Wings. I mean, I hate the Wings and all...but I hate Disney Hockey even more. Hope they get swept in the next round.

Toronto/Philly is a killer series - that was an awesome game last night, even though the wrong team won.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Where is the love for the Wings?

I must admit, I'm not much of a hockey fan -- but growing up in Detroit you can't escape it.

I appreciate fan support for other teams, but why does it seem the NHL loves to hate the Red Wings? Is it because they're seen as the hockey version of the Yankees?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
PAIN

The pain of Last nights loss is still fresh in my mind. But I have to keep telling my self, They are rebuilding the Team. Next year is a new year. And they still have more cups than most teams.

Oh, I am now a suporter of water foul hunting.

I grew up a wings fan... I have a jersey, and I am still going to wear it to watch the rest of the games.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Dudes and dudettes....the Philly series is killing me @ work. I can't stay awake....

Go FLYERS!!

Habanero

Cyburbian
You know it's a drinking week when you've got hockey to watch! We've got plans to go watch the Stars tonight and on Saturday, we're going to some sports bar out here on Friday to watch hockey, and we were at Hooters last night watching the Colorado game. We've got the NHL package so if we're not watchign it, we're recording it to watch it later. I'm suck a freakin' puck junkie!

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Where the hell is the hockey playoff thread?

Answer: Playing Golf Today with the Redwings.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I'll continue to sit quietly until my Bruins finish off another first round exit....

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Where the hell is the hockey playoff thread?!?

Tranplanner said:
Toronto/Philly is a killer series - that was an awesome game last night, even though the wrong team won.
Not for me!

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'm an avid Leafs fan... (duh)... but, I am just ecstatic that the Redwings went down in four. God, that's about the sweetest thing I've seen in a *long time*. And don't say sorry to Cujo, Tex... he deserved it. He moved from the Leafs to Detroit so he could be on a team that is a Stanley Cup contender. Maybe it's not the team, Cujo! Hahahaha.

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
I'm an avid Leafs fan... (duh)... but, I am just ecstatic that the Redwings went down in four. God, that's about the sweetest thing I've seen in a *long time*. And don't say sorry to Cujo, Tex... he deserved it. He moved from the Leafs to Detroit so he could be on a team that is a Stanley Cup contender. Maybe it's not the team, Cujo! Hahahaha.
Oh, how great would it be if the Leafs won? I would love that!

nerudite

Cyburbian
I agree tex... that would be sweet. :)

Don't listen to Mastiff and MikeD... when he refers to the flyers as cool kids, it's just a reference to their childish behaviour and 8th grade reading levels. ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
TexasPlanner said:
Stanley!!
Stanley, eh? Well, I think the Leafs could win several!

Here's some:

http://www.wagner.edu/stanleydrama.html

The Stanley Drama Award - Darcy Tucker
I mean, that fall to the ice with the arms spread out like he was nailed to the cross was so worthy.

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics_update/0102.html

Gold Stanley Award for Cartoons - Tie Domi
What can you say? This guy is more of a clown than a hockey player... and with that face, he'd make a perfect cartoon character!

http://www.csaaul.org/StanleyCLott.htm

Stanley C. Lott Memorial Award for Excellence in Security - Ed Belfour
Anyone who faces that many shots and doesn't let in double digit goals deserves this one!

http://www.botgard.ucla.edu/html/MEMBGNewsletter/Volume6number1/Stanleysmith.html

Stanley Smith Horticulture Trust Award - Alexander Mogilny
Because, erm... He flat out got planted.

http://www.med.miami.edu/psychiatry/library_dean.html

Stanley R. Dean Award for Excellence in Schizophrenia - Pat Quinn
Nuf' said...

See?! I see lots of possible Stanleys for the Maple Leafs! GO LEAFS GO! Win them Stanleys!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Edmonton's out... so it looks like I'll get my boyfriend back. He's been hijacked temporarily by SportsnetWest.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
Edmonton's out... so it looks like I'll get my boyfriend back. He's been hijacked temporarily by SportsnetWest.
And he'll get YOU back tonight! ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Hell yeah the Oilers are out! WOO HOOOOOOO! That was a nail biter for sure, I thought is was going to go to tonight to see who would win. Rooting for the Leafs too, I just love the Leafs-Flyers games right now, so much action and heart on the ice.

nerudite

Cyburbian
The Vancouver-St. Louis game and Caps-T.Bay games were awesome last night. So far, this has been a very exciting round 1 (sorry redwings fans).

Habanero

Cyburbian
Yeah, did you see the, what, triple overtime for the Caps-T. Bay game? If I remember correctly no overtimes in last year's playoffs?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Getting ready to leave work early to watch the game!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
And...

Since I put the new pump in my hot tub, and ran satellite in the hot tub room... guess where I'll watch it from?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mastiff said:
And...

Since I put the new pump in my hot tub, and ran satellite in the hot tub room... guess where I'll watch it from?
The afterlife, since everyone knows that a television IN a hot tub will KILL YOU?

Habanero

Cyburbian
bturk said:
The afterlife, since everyone knows that a television IN a hot tub will KILL YOU?
yes, but you cannot expect him to know that.. silly Flyers fan..

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
And he'll get YOU back tonight! ;)
One more game baby! I watched the game last night, for the first time in the series. I wasn't that impressed. I think the Flyers played better actually during most parts of the game. The Leafs really need to work on their power play. And clearing the Flyer goons from the crease.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
nerudite said:
One more game baby! I watched the game last night, for the first time in the series. I wasn't that impressed. I think the Flyers played better actually during most parts of the game. The Leafs really need to work on their power play. And clearing the Flyer goons from the crease.
The Leafs have been pretty inconsistent so far...still, they put up a good effort for the most part last night. I've feeling pretty good about tonight actually.

Mike - your "location" change is making me nervous. I keep looking over my shoulder.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Mike D. said:
I saw Domi out at the gay bar last night after the game...
Oh yeah, congrats on that coming out thing Mike. We're all really proud of you.

(((((((((((((((Mike D.))))))))))))))))))))

donk

Cyburbian
Mike D. lisped ...
I saw Domi out at the gay bar last night after the game...
So you were over at Church and Wellsley?

Did you see Wendle Clark too?

TP, when did the flags move onto Yonge street? I can't believe that hercules is now a lingerie shop and that bakka had to move from queen.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
[OT]

I think Herc's is still there...isn't it called Central Surplus now? As for Bakka (science fiction bookstore) - I don't know why they moved, but I've only been to their new location once. [/OT]

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
but one of the power plays I was wondering if the Flyers knew it was their power play, they let the Leafs get so many shots on goal, I don't think it got past the blue line once!

ew.. and who's nose got cut to all hell last night? They showed the trainer flapping part of his nose back over. ick.

oh, and the ref that slammed into the boards when he lost his footing down my Belfour- he looked like he got the wind knocked out of him!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Awwww...that's so sweet Mike... now I know you really love us. hehe

I didn't mind too much that the Leafs lost, because the two other teams I really wanted to make it to the next round stayed in. Woohoo Minnesota... woohoo Vancouver! I must say this has been an awesome first round (other than seeing Philly advance). But Patrick Roy went down in the first and so did the redwings and caps... a girl can't get everything she wants, but that's a good start!! :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
That was an absolutely brutal game last night - I have no idea where the Leafs were, but they definitely weren't at the rink.

Go Sens! Go Canucks!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
bturk said:
Work on reading comprehension... The TV is in the hot tub room.

Are you a Leafs fan?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
No jumping on the Philly bandwagon now!
Hell no! I'm rooting for Minnesota, Anaheim, Tampa Bay and all the other underdogs out there. I think it would be awesome if Minnesota went to the finals. Anyone but Dallas, Jersey, Ottawa or Philly would be okay with me!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
TexasPlanner said:
yes, but you cannot expect him to know that.. silly Flyers fan..
Ho hum...

Originally posted by nerudite
Right right...

Originally posted by nerudite
I didn't mind too much that the Leafs lost, because the two other teams I really wanted to make it to the next round stayed in. Woohoo Minnesota... woohoo Vancouver! I must say this has been an awesome first round (other than seeing Philly advance).
Sure sure...

;) I love this thread right now!