• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Which Celebrity do You Look Like

biscuit

Cyburbian
Over the summer we had an intern who the women of the department just swooned over because they swore up and down that he looked like Colin Ferrall. I didn't see it - not that I really wanted to - but they were all ga-ga over him anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure at at least once we have all been told that we resemble a celebrity. So who is it Cyburbanites? We've posted our pictures and those of our celebrity crushes so now let's post those celebrities we've been told look like our pictures.

Get to posting!

Me? Ever since I was 13 or 14 the actor I've been told I resemble the most is this dork...

H

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Me? Ever since I was 13 or 14 the actor I've been told I resemble the most is this dork...

Me too! Everyone always told me that through my entire teenage years.

Though, it phased out around 20 and now they say I look like…. Tom Selleck ....

Right. :-|

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
At various points of my life I've been told I look like :

a certain major leaguer

or

a certain washed up pro wrestler

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
I've been told Gillian Anderson and Marlene Dietrich. Not sure how or why, especially since they look nothing alike. Probably more Gillian Anderson--on one of my good days.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Donnie from Just Shoot Me, but with more hair at the moment.

http://www.ci.muskego.wi.us/planning/Other Pubs/donniesayvacuum.jpg

SGB

Cyburbian
I met my identical twin (no relation) when I was about 14. I have no idea if he's famous now.

otterpop

Cyburbian
No celebrity. But for years women have told me "you look like my best friend's brother." Which I always hoped they would add, "who I thought was so hot and couldn't have enough sex with." But they never did.

martini

Cyburbian
I've alwasy been told I look vaugly like Nicholas Cage. Either that or the Doctor that died on ER(Anthony Edwards I think)

I know they look nothing alike, but if I can be a combination, that'd be ok wit me. Of course, I have MUCH less hair than either of these two.

pandersen

Cyburbian
In the last position I held, when I went to get my photo taken for a departmental ID, the photographer did a "double take" and informed me that I looked just like a Dan Acroyd. All well, at least we're both Canadian.

The Irish One

seven years ago in three seperate totally unrelated situations people told me I looked like a young Woody Guthrie. Two weeks ago my sister said I should move to Hollywood to be the next John Goodman. You do the math

nerudite

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Donnie from Just Shoot Me, but with more hair at the moment.

http://www.ci.muskego.wi.us/planning/Other Pubs/donniesayvacuum.jpg

You look totally better than that guy. Hubba hubba.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
I have actually had people approach me and ask me if I was Kate Winslet. Right after Titanic came out I got that I looked like her a lot.

When I had short hair, it was Drew Barrymore.

They're both hot so as always, I'm flattered and take it as a compliment.

Does anyone look like or know someone who looks like Paul Walker? Now that's someone I'd like to meet. ;)

Kinda like Otterpop, I don't look like a celeb but I seem to always look like someone's cousin or someone they were talking to at some party last week in a town I have never been to, or whatever.

Sorta related: when I lived in Germany, if I was out and about, Americans would greet me in German. My mom is German so I guess it is not too shocking that I look so German.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
When I was a bit younger, I would get Charlie Sheen. Lately I've been hearing Judd Nelson, or now that my hair is a little bit longer, Jim Morrison or Sam Roberts.

<------ This is NOT a picture of me

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I usually tell people I look like Harrison Ford. (They don't see it) I have had people tell me I look like Quentin Terantino. (I don't see it.) Before I went into the army in the 80's I had longer hair. People said I looked like John Denver. (Sadly, this one was true. Far out!)

steveanne

I get a lot of obscure actors, such as David Moscow ("Newsies", young Tom Hanks in "Big")

Damon Pampolina (The Mickey Mouse Club and that Saturn commercial where the guy eats all the free doughnuts at the test drives)

And Fred Savage (The Wonder Years, and the guy with the mole in Austin Powers 3)

SGB

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
We've got Rick Astley and the guy from the Fine Young Cannibals - the 2 extremes of the human voice. ;)

Who posted the guy from FYC? I think Alan's picture was someone else, like Rob Zombie?

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
GF once mentioned that I resembled a younger Robert Redford....but I don't see it.

moose

I've been told that I resemble Brooke Shields, and my neck has been likened to that of Audrey Hepburn.

otterpop

Cyburbian
After reading some of the responses, I got to say Cyburbia must be full of handsome gents and hot ladies. And not at all indicative of the men and women I saw at the APA conference in Denver, who by and large were average looking and doughy folks. Of course I did see some young foxy planner girls. Didn't take much notice of the men.

Guess I better renew my subscription to Esquire, get my ass to the gym, and start saving up for comestic surgery, so I can fit in with the rest of you.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
I've been told that I look and sound like a younger Ray Romano. I haven't decided if that's good or bad yet... :)