• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Which piece of modern art are you?

Queen B

Cyburbian
Awww wow! You're Van Gogh's "Starry Night", painted in 1889 and hanging in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Im not sure it qualifies as modern, but Ive always thought of myself as the self portrait of Georgia OKeefe's junk.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Picasso's famous "Les Demoiselles d'Avignon" and live in the Museum of Modern Art in New York. ewwwww......

Jen

Cyburbian
Yay you! You're the "Maquette for Radio Announcer" made in 1922 by Gustav Klutsis. You're made of wood, cardboard and string and can be found in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
heh wood cardboard and string and I was hoping to be butter filled shoes on a swiss mountain side.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Yay you! You're the "Maquette for Radio Announcer" made in 1922 by Gustav Klutsis. You're made of wood, cardboard and string and can be found in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.

SGB

Cyburbian
Yay you! You're the "Maquette for Radio Announcer" blah, blah, blah, etc.

:(

The Irish One

I'd like to see if someone is "The Scream" -I think that's what it's called. What a dark complicated soul that person must have.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Whhhheeee! You're Boccioni's bronze sculpture "Unique" and it sure is. You scare small children in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.

Gold Lame Elvis on Acid

moose

Another tally for "Maquette for Radio Announcer". Never heard of it or its creator. Talk about obscure.

I kinda like it though. I think I'll put in on my desktop.

Rem

Cyburbian
I too am the Boccioni sculpture.

Why has no one else restated the advice that "You scare small children in the Museum of Moden Art, New York"? This sits comfortably with me - any small children being taken to the Museum of Modern Art in New York are there as punsihment, so they should be scared.

Why are we wearing high heels?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo - this should be no surprise

Whhhheeee! You're Boccioni's bronze sculpture "Unique" and it sure is. You scare small children in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.

But I still want to be Georgia OKeefe's muff ;)

steveanne

This wasn't wasn't thought out so well.

"How big are you big fella?" Huh?

Anyway, I'm Gustav Klutsis' junk structure.

Last edited:

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
Amazingly enough, chalk up another for maquette for radio announcer. Nice to know that so many other cyburbians are made of wood, cardboard and string and can be found in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
ilikefish0 said:
Amazingly enough, chalk up another for maquette for radio announcer. Nice to know that so many other cyburbians are made of wood, cardboard and string and can be found in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
They must serve beer there.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Queen B said:
Awww wow! You're Van Gogh's "Starry Night", painted in 1889 and hanging in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
me, too!

What fun.^o)

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Whhhheeee! You're Boccioni's bronze sculpture "Unique" and it sure is. You scare small children in the Museum of Modern Art, New York

I like to scare small children! :)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian

Awww wow! You're Van Gogh's "Starry Night," painted in 1889 and hanging in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:

Awww wow! You're Van Gogh's "Starry Night," painted in 1889 and hanging in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
Same Here.

Originally posted by Chet
[But I still want to be Georgia OKeefe's muff
LOL. Aren't they all Georgia O'Keefes's muff?
Look at all the pretty flowers. ;)

JNL

Cyburbian
Boogie-Woogie?

Woohoo! You're Piet Mondrian's "Broadway Boogie-Woogie" you're a square 127 cm of oil on canvas and live at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I would have preffered any of H.R. Giger's masterpieces... but they won't satisfy my goth desires :p ;)

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
I would have preffered any of H.R. Giger's masterpieces... but they won't satisfy my goth desires :p ;)
Thats hilarious! that one fits me but at least I can settle for scaring small children! :) You must like some funky dark art! :)

Otis

Cyburbian
The Irish One said:
I'd like to see if someone is "The Scream" -I think that's what it's called. What a dark complicated soul that person must have.
I have a "Scream" tie that I wear for certain public hearings. Every once in a while someone catches on.

Otherwise I'm "Starry Night".

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Another Starry Night here. For the amount of modern art in the world, there sure seem to be a lot of people that "are" this one.