• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Who am I?

giovannitp

Cyburbian
Wassup y'all. I'm a Planning undergrad at Georgia State in Atlanta. Hopefully I'll graduate next May but nobody told be it would be so damn hard to graduate in four years. I want to go into planning because I see so many bad examples of design around here and I want to do something about it. Maybe after getting out to the real world I'll be burnt out enough to go along with the status quo but I think I'm good for a few good years of radical change.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome to Cyburbia Gio. Enjoy your enthusiasm for the profession while it lasts and don't let "those planner types" (inside joke) take it away from you!

Welcome to Cyburbia! We're always happy to have anti-establishment types on board with us. I did my grad work at Clemson and my sister in law lived in Atlanta at the same time (well, Roswell, because it doesn't seem like anyone actually lives in Atlanta) so I know all about how inspiring their built environment can be. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hi giovannitp...

You are getting into planning for a great reason (and probably one of the more common ones). I think that the beauty of cyburbia is that the people that gather here really do care a lot about planning and the built environment, so I try to come here as a source of inspiration or comraderie (and hell... just to blow off steam on some days). I hope you enjoy your time here and pick up a little more inspiration along the way. See ya around on the forums!

giovannitp

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
well, Roswell, because it doesn't seem like anyone actually lives in Atlanta
That's part of the problem from my experience. But I'm not going to get into any discussions on civic pride and regional planning here...