• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Who are the greatest sports fans on the planet?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
There are few things that invoke emotion and passion like politics, religion, and a chosen sports team. Arguments, impassioned rivalries, entire shines, marriages, and substantial expenditures can all be contributed to cheering on a specific team. I mean really, who would wear a wedge of yellow foam on their head, wear dark sun glasses, a blue and orange sweater vest, and a 1980's mustache, launch a sea creature onto the ice after a goal, storm the stands, throw batteries at the opposing teams fans, brawl in the parking lot, unplug our phone, or get ink injected into your skin as an everlasting tattooed tribute to a player, team, driver, or mascot... than sports.

Many claim to be, but who are the greatest fans on the plant... not just of the NHL, NCAA Men's BB, NFL, European Soccer, or the Bass Master Tournaments... but of any sports.

Planit

Cyburbian
South American ⚽ Fans. They kill referees down there & a bloodbath in the stands.

———————————————————————————-

That was a pretty good article in SI maister.

The Terminator

Cyburbian
Montréal Canadiens fans!!!! Allez nos amours! Wait nos amours were the expos...

Bring back the Expos!

AG74683

Cyburbian
Go Bills.
Even after decades of mediocrity and disappointment, Bills fans really do set a positive example for other fan bases out there.

I think that in general, soccer fans seem to be the most passionate though. It doesn't matter who is playing or where, there's some sort of chant going on and various fires burning. I've never really seen that in any other sport.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even after decades of mediocrity and disappointment, Bills fans really do set a positive example for other fan bases out there.

I think that in general, soccer fans seem to be the most passionate though. It doesn't matter who is playing or where, there's some sort of chant going on and various fires burning. I've never really seen that in any other sport.
I agree that soccer fans are among the most passionate of all the sports.