• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

who can join?

U

Unregistered

Who is eligible to join Cyburbia?

Planners only? Engineers? Urban designers? People in related fields or studying? I am a student, but not in any of these fields. My interest with "playing in traffic" and "wanting total control over what goes where" is just that - an interest. I have family in those fields, so I am well aware of the lingo, the buraucracy, city/region management strategies, self-absorbed developers and irritating NIMBYs.

Still not certain if I sould join, but just curious. And this might help others who might be a little too shy to ask . . . would you accept me too?

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Feel free to join...there are people from all walks of life here on Cyburbia....we don't discriminate....we even allow Canadians! ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
I would love a troll for Houston- especially if they could explain the Houston Zoning board. *damn that crazy mod!*

I say to join you must help keep the never ending thread going...

:)

U

Unregistered

Actually, I'm not sure that's the best thing, really. I was just posting to get the question out there.

I am someone's significant other, and I don't think that she would appreciate it if I started "butting in" on her internet social scene, if you know what I mean. Would you let your better half become part of this little world? I was merely curious about all these people she talks about: people from a few states over (ie. "maybe we should visit"), people from Canada, interesting executive types, but mostly moderators. It's like a little soap story when I get home. "Dan sounds so sad, Planderella is so cool, you should see bturk's avatar this week, everyday I'm more convinced NHP and Tran are the same person, you-know-who's sexual interests keep popping up - can't she be more professional, you'll never guess what thread they've got going today" and the list goes on. So naturally, I'm more than a little curious. Can you blame me though (I hope YOU don't sugar) .

Alright. Last post from me sweetums, I promise. Cyburbia is all yours now.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Unregistered said:
everyday I'm more convinced NHP and Tran are the same person

LOL!!

We might be similar...but I assure you we are not the same person! :)

Thanks for visiting Rob(?) ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
unregistered has certainly nailed it, huh? Except Tran looks more like Mike Stumpf without a 'good' military to back him up.

buffy

Unregistered said:
Actually, I'm not sure that's the best thing, really. I was just posting to get the question out there.

I am someone's significant other, and I don't think that she would appreciate it if I started "butting in" on her internet social scene, if you know what I mean. Would you let your better half become part of this little world? I was merely curious about all these people she talks about: people from a few states over (ie. "maybe we should visit"), people from Canada, interesting executive types, but mostly moderators. It's like a little soap story when I get home. "Dan sounds so sad, Planderella is so cool, you should see bturk's avatar this week, everyday I'm more convinced NHP and Tran are the same person, you-know-who's sexual interests keep popping up - can't she be more professional, you'll never guess what thread they've got going today" and the list goes on. So naturally, I'm more than a little curious. Can you blame me though (I hope YOU don't sugar) .

Alright. Last post from me sweetums, I promise. Cyburbia is all yours now.
now now don't hurry off so fast. Come back with a secret identity and spy on us!

PS spike is that you?

Michele Zone

BANNED
Unregistered said:
Who is eligible to join Cyburbia?

Planners only? Engineers? Urban designers?
Um, this is the Internet. When you register, all they get that is 'real' is an e-mail address -- and plenty of folks have multiples of those (ever heard of Yahoo? or Hotmail?). So, basically, they couldn't stop you from lying and claiming to be a planner, engineer, etc. Feel free to join and not tell your 'sweetie'. Or, hey, don't register, just surf and check up on her. ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Re: who can join?

Michele Zone said:
free to join and not tell your 'sweetie'. Or, hey, don't register, just surf and check up on her. ;)
Won't work... the mods are too good at cracking addresses. :)